Sport Bikes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I really recommend these reads to the ladies here. I can tell you, I didn't care much for some of the titles, but you know what they say about "judging a book by it's cover". And they were right. I stand corrected. The books were GREAT! Might I add, these books can be purchased on line or at most major books retailers.

Theses are some of the books that I recommend:

Bikerlady: Living & Riding Free! by Sasha Mullins
This is an important book following in the tradition of Pierson's, "The Perfect Vehicle" and Ferrar's, "Hear Me Roar." Over 160 personal stories of women riders are given showing how the motorcycle changed their lives.

Dream Rider by Rosemary Carstens
Ms. Carsten was determined to learn to ride a motorcycle even though she was already in her fifty-sixth year. This book traces her life as she gets the motorcycle bug, learns how to ride, gets her first bike, and sets out -- sometimes with friends and eventually alone -- to match wits with the elements on various roadtrips through the western states. Paperback
Hear Me Roar by Ann Ferrar
Ann Ferrar traveled 30,000 miles on her Hawk GT 650 to interview hundreds of women riders. She once interviewed my wife. She tells stories about the women she met and those women who became well known in motorcycling. She also has a great resource section about clubs, safety, gear, parts, manufacturers, etc.

Perfect Vehicle: What It Is about Motorcycles by Melissa H. Pierson
This book is a scholarly search by a woman to understand why the motorcycle means so much to her. The elements of danger and risk have been present for a hundred years, yet devotees are compelled to ride. You'll enjoy this ride. Hardcover

And for the ladies that have kiddos: (I wish my Mom would of read this to me as a kid :lol)

Motorcycle Song by Diane Siebert
I don't run across a lot of children's books about motorcycles. When this book, "Motorcycle Song," was offered to me for review by Harper Collins Publishers, I was pleasantly surprised as soon as I opened it. Hardcover

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
I know someone that would like to read them,where can they be bought.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
alaska cajun said:
AC are you talking about falco :lol :lol

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
fengler said:
AC are you talking about falco :lol :lol

:eek:nfloor :eek:nfloor

Noooooo,someone else that will be getting a bike soon.

·
I am very sensitive.
979 Posts
Japbike, thanks for that post, I will have to check a few if not all of those books out, they sound interesting.

Fengler...that avatar has me rolling!!!

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
alaska cajun said:

Basically on line at any or all Major Book Retailers. Places like Barnes&Noble, Borders etc etc....

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
amazon.com

1 - 7 of 7 Posts