Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Old school fool
5,720 Posts
I think they are a Korean brand. If I'm not mistaken, Suzuki actually set them up in business and licensed them a lot of the tech they use.

Considering the way that the Korean car companies have upgraded their product in the past few years, I'd consider a Korean bike.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
The torque curve seems a little screwy. It seems from the dyno result that it takes a downward turn about mid-way thru the range. That equals NO FUN in my book.

·
Sport Tourer
1,729 Posts
Wait a few years. Let other people do the real-world research for you.

·
Registered
586 Posts
I remember reading an article about them. Instead of using the normal approach to entering the market, I think they plan on flooding the market with their bikes at a good price. The number that sticks in my head is that they are going to produce 1 million bikes their first year worldwide.

·
Registered
353 Posts
teamben158 said:
I remember reading an article about them. Instead of using the normal approach to entering the market, I think they plan on flooding the market with their bikes at a good price. The number that sticks in my head is that they are going to produce 1 million bikes their first year worldwide.
I read the same article.

I like the bike, but would be scared by the lack of dealer support around here.

·
Registered
71 Posts
They are a Korean brand and its suzuki technology, Suzuki were there partners but they were not allowed to to sell out of East Asia so they end there partnership. They are know on there own and there motor is basicly a carburated version of the SV 650 Suzuki motor they are also suppling this mot to http://www.fischer1.com/ One of the magazines did a article on them good motors and frames cheaper brakes and suspension but they are also supposed to be 20% cheaper to purchase and those brakes and suspension parts should swap from the SV and GSXR bikes.

·
Registered
597 Posts
not bad looking. Maybe if they put out a bike like the sv1000 I'd get one. The 650 looks pretty cool especially with the full fairing.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I didnt like the max power ratings, 79 for the one isnt too bad but 34 for the other. its a 650 for crying out loud. I know its a V-twin and all but shouldnt it still put out more power. That said, if it is in fact 20% cheaper it would make excellent lowend bike for stunting.

·
Registered
416 Posts
The bike looks good to me. If the price was right, I would try to get my g/f to get one since she was looking for a bike to get. Seems to me that it would make a good beginner's bike. The only question is the reliability and if something goes wrong, who would be able to fix it.

·
Registered
114 Posts
In southamerica there is a lot of Hyosung bikes as commuter vehicles. They are all about 100cc to 150cc, mostly Suzuki licensed. They are no pretty, but reliable, cheap and easy maintenance. Its great to have some sportbike of they brand, japonese are really expensive here. A CBR 600RR cost 14000 dolars, about $40000 in Argentina in terms of wages here (a minimal wage is $200 a month).

·
Banned
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
as far as price goes, the brand new full fairing version gt650r goes for about $5400. When i first saw it at a dearlership nearby, the thing looked like a ducati with the bright red pain and white rims, i swear to you. I was sh ocked at how nice this bike looked. Seems like a decent starter bike if you cant afford the sv650

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
I like those bikes alot, but they are basically the same price as the Suzuki. The Gt650R is 5999. Thats about the same as the SV650S. The GT650R has a full fairing but thats the only difference.

·
Enlightened
771 Posts
Motorcylist mag did a short review of the naked GT650 awhile back. If I remember correctly, they said that it was very similar to the SV650 however the suspension and brakes weren't quite up to the quality of the SV and the power was a little shy of the SV. I saw a red GT650 at a dealership a couple weeks ago. I thought it looked cool and very unique, I just worry about it's build quality.

·
Registered
819 Posts
yep its korean... here in Aus there been on the market about 12 months or so... havent seen any on the road... our biggest bike mag did a review on the 650 and it was bout half a page... mostly talking about wait a few years till they get there shit together as its cheap labour cheap parts cheap bike... imo i would spend the extra 2 grand or so on a KNOW company bike...

but hey its not like you are gonna cry for days when u drop it... great for the gurl to learn on...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts