Sport Bikes banner

King Me..Bitch

990 views 18 replies 16 participants last post by  TRaGiK 
#1 · (Edited)
After four years of riding with my permit, I decided that I have been lucky long enough and took the test for license.. As of last thursday, I know longer have to worry about the fuzz catchin me with no license... Damn it feels good to pass a cop without a 10 second heart attack and my wrist ready to snap. :cheers :phatyo

#9 ·
kern0079 said:
lol, I had the permit for 3 days but still remember passing cops and having my heart skip a beat.

Why do ppl like you worry about cops? Im not just takln about bikers. PPl in cars dont know how to act when they see cop cars, its really sad. If you're not breaking the law keep doing what you're doing.

2 of you guys had permits and were scared cause you had permits :eek:nfloor :lao The permit enables you to ride legally... :bitchslap

BTW. Cops pull over ppl that act suspicious, I.E. driving differently, slow down, look around, catching up to the cop car but never passing etc. I've been driving for 5-6 years, I pass cop cars going 10-15 over the limit all the time. Never once have i been pulled over and dont get followed. I do however see the idiots who follow cop cars get their plate run when the cop decides to slow and get behind them.

#11 ·
I've encountered LEO's three times with just a permit. Here in Texas ( I dont know about other states) The permit actually gives you your "M" endorsement on the front of the license. Twice, it was a riding buddy of mine being pulled over, and the third time, it was my 118 in a 45 incident.

That's irrelevant, what does matter is that all three times the officer either failed to look on the back of my license (to see "Must operate with a licensed M/C operator in sight), or noticed that I just have a permit and didn't care.

For those of you riding with your permits, there is no need for a heart attack in my opinion. I can't speak for the LEO but if you're riding anyway, he's either going to bust you or he's not. You have to think about the LEO's though, I'm sure they'd rather see a permit + insurance than no license and no insurance.

#13 ·
SnookayDCC said:
If you're not breaking the law .....
I think that's the problem 'SnookayDcc', who among us hasn't ridden at night or on the freeway (or both at the same time probably with someone on the back) when we only had a permit? If you only have a permit how do you ride to bikenight 'legally'?

I rode for 10 months with a permit before getting my license and passing cops always made me feel uneasy. Hell, I have my license and it still makes me feel uneasy but maybe I'm just being paranoid.

Attachments

#16 ·
SicR6 said:
I think that's the problem 'SnookayDcc', who among us hasn't ridden at night or on the freeway (or both at the same time probably with someone on the back) when we only had a permit? If you only have a permit how do you ride to bikenight 'legally'?
Apparently NC motorcycle permits are very different than most other states. Here, the ONLY restriction is that you can't ride passengers. Night riding, riding solo (with no other rider riding next to you), etc, is all legal in NC.

Originally, they were good for 1.5 years as well, and you could renew them as many times as you wanted. From what I understand now (law changed recently I believe), a permit is only good for 6 months, and can only be renewed once.

#18 ·
Here a permit is good for 6 months. Can be renewed for another 6 months. This requires you to carry a completley seperate card.

No night riding
No passengers
No highway/freeway

those are the only restrictions, but yea, t differs from state to state

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.