Sport Bikes banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Jerk
990 Posts
Nice find. They just put up a Harley one by me saying how basically any monkey can now afford a Sportster for like 100 a month. They didn't include leather and leather accessories in the equasion though, so that spikes it up to like 300 a month.

Tom.

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
I've seen that same billboard. I think the one I saw was located on HWY 100 between Greenfield and Bluemound. I thought the same thing and got a good laugh out of it.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Very funny and bold.....takes some balls to put it into print.

·
50cc's of Honda power!
793 Posts
hows mine?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
davisa said:
hows mine?
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...LOL

Photoshop much, do you?

Right click + save picture as...

I'm gonna have to print that out and secretly put that on the lunchroom table for all the Harley guys to see.

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
I think I saw that sign on I-94 and HWY. 100. I laughed my ass off then too.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Top Ten Reasons Why Harley Riders Don't Wave Back

10. - Afraid it will invalidate warranty.

9. - Leather and studs make it too hard to raise arm.

8. - Refuses to wave to anyone whose bike is already paid for.

7. - Afraid to let go of the handlebars because they might vibrate off.

6. - Rushing wind would blow scabs off the new tattoos.

5. - Angry because just took out second mortgage to pay luxury tax on new Harley.

4. - Just discovered the fine print in owner's manual and realized H-D is partially owned by those rice-burner manufacturers.

3. - Can't tell if other riders are waving or just reaching to cover their ears like everyone else.

2. - Remembers the last time a Harley rider waved back, he impaled his hand on spiked helmet.

1. - They're jealous that after spending $20,000, they still don't own a new bike.

·
Registered
14,573 Posts
Ahahahaha those are awsome , I had a lovely long chat with a harley owner the other day , just bought a brand new somethin er other Harley ( i could care less cause it got heated so I don't remember exactly what model it was) but her was trying to tell me how sophisticated, effecient and frankly just damn well made machines they were . Ahahahha he paid 40 g's and he laughed at me and my new honda lololol. I had to walk away , whatever man ...tool !

·
Registered
516 Posts
bredebee said:
how sophisticated, effecient and frankly just damn well made machines they were
You'll find that's the answer from a lot of HD riders. I had one of the guys from HD Univ (their internal deal) give a lecture to one of my MBA classes two weeks ago. He openly admitted that one of their major issues in trying to push bikes in Europe was the complete lack of sophistication and new gadgetry at such a high price. Same deal goes for bikes in the US. Buells apparently receive some popularity abroad, but he even agreed that they'll have a tougher time gaining market share if they limit Erik on the motor that he uses in his models...which they are essentially doing. And this is a salaried member of management. As to build quality, I don't own a HD, but I'd hazard a guess that the quality of assembly is pretty decent. It's usually the parts or sub-assemblies in the final product that are the issue.

A lot of the newer school managers and engineering staff know what the problems are. But the main issue they have is trying to update and design new machinery without alienating that old guard that continues to burn money on bikes and apparel w/o looking at the competition. It's a double edged sword. Market to the older people and alienate the younger, or vice versa. They have a unique opportunity with Buell to push the envelope more on design, engine style & build, etc., that could be used to attract more younger riders. But they have to get the price in line and let the engineers come up with designs that they younger generation will buy. With the HD stigma, they'll have a tough time I'd gather.

Maybe Fischer will be the upstart in the coming years. Looks like they're making a go at it. It's a bit pricey at $8K, but I love the styling, and will admit that the thing IS hand built.

·
Registered
118 Posts
That bilboard is great!

I'd love to see Buell make some more progress. I think they have some great ideas and great looking bikes, but for the price NEW there isn't much comparison to the competition.

The fit and finish of new HD bikes looks like nice quality but the prices are just ridiculous!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts