Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Emblem's are fairly common for identifying batch's/maufacturers. This is the first time I have seen this one used. In total there was 30 packages, each one wrapped in neoprene then plastic wrap, and then dipped in wax.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
533 Posts
whoa thats some crazy shit, i would never guess that some dude in iowa is out there w/ 30 kilos but i guess wherever there are people there are drugs. must have been a good bust for you guys.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Iowa

Actually Iowa is a major crossroads for drug transporting. I-35 runs North -South thru the state (perfect fot St. Louis to Minneapolis traffic) and I-80 runs East - West (perfect for Chicago to Omaha traffic)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
update more pictures

Here are some pictures of some of the packaging that held the cocaine.

As for the bust, that was done by the state troopers. This was found in a traffic stop, The driver looks to be an illegal alien (hispanic), I do not know the specifics to this case, I would imagine his vehicle probably had out of state plates and this combination with the drivers nationality triggered the trooper to observe him. A lot of times these transporters do something stupid like speed or don't use proper lane changing procedures which allows the troopers to stop and further investigate.

I do not perform busts I analyze the substances that are seized or sent to the lab. i do participate on the crime scene team. In those cases i do go to scenes, seize evidence analyze and control the location..
 

Attachments

·
how bout dem deadskins
Joined
·
3,235 Posts
nice packaging... smart idea, wrapped in neoprene then plastic wrap, and then dipped in wax.
 

·
Light it up! Light it up!
Joined
·
1,459 Posts
thanks, for the reply.

from the package description, i assumed that that would be hard to detect and figured that this person was suspected or being watched. not the case tho.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
reply

Just like to share my experiences, I realize I have access to areas of interest that usually lay outside the common public's day to day lives.
 

·
Professional Loser
Joined
·
319 Posts
clsmitty said:
I do not perform busts I analyze the substances that are seized or sent to the lab.
How can I get in on some of this "analyzing?" Joking....but no really
 

·
Professional Loser
Joined
·
319 Posts
clsmitty said:
Just like to share my experiences, I realize I have access to areas of interest that usually lay outside the common public's day to day lives.
Me too but, no one cares whats going on in a paper mill.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
paper mill

Not true! Not true!


Please tell me all about you wet pulp! :lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
credit

I can't actually claim too much credit this is a co-workers case. I am just assisting in the opening and repackaging. I was out on a death investigation scene when this came in. I just thought it provided some unique images i could share.
 

·
I own license2ill
Joined
·
5,679 Posts
What is the street value on all that?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
951 Posts
Yeah, good work costing innocent people money by raising the price of coke, possibly causing injury through bad or laced coke substituted, and generally reinforcing the oppressive atmosphere in this country. Don't get me wrong, because I have a lot of respect for people who serve and protect our nation and communities, but drug work in general is bullshit. Who gives if some people want to sit around and do lines (not me, I hate cocaine with a passion), or take bong rips, or whatever. Who are they hurting? No one but themselves, at worst. The government has no business being involved, and their involvement just results in everything becoming a criminal activity, and perpetuating organized crime while ruining the lives of innocents. Use the police to enforce something worthwhile, like street racing or robbery.
 

·
The Ugly TwatWaffle
Joined
·
8,369 Posts
I see exactly what you're saying IMP, why not let the coke head drown himself in it? If someone cares, they would help (someone like a friend or something). The govt doesn't care, they just wants to get PAID.
 

·
I own license2ill
Joined
·
5,679 Posts
IMPerfection said:
Yeah, good work costing innocent people money by raising the price of coke, possibly causing injury through bad or laced coke substituted, and generally reinforcing the oppressive atmosphere in this country. Don't get me wrong, because I have a lot of respect for people who serve and protect our nation and communities, but drug work in general is bullshit. Who gives if some people want to sit around and do lines (not me, I hate cocaine with a passion), or take bong rips, or whatever. Who are they hurting? No one but themselves, at worst. The government has no business being involved, and their involvement just results in everything becoming a criminal activity, and perpetuating organized crime while ruining the lives of innocents. Use the police to enforce something worthwhile, like street racing or robbery.
Ah see but this is where you are wrong. They tend to binge and go off the deep end and innocent people get hurt. Also they are so addicted that they tend to steal for there next trip. Alot of purse snatching and small store robberies are the direct cause of people looking for just enough money for there next fix.
 

·
The Ugly TwatWaffle
Joined
·
8,369 Posts
DR has a point too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
951 Posts
dennisred69 said:
Ah see but this is where you are wrong. They tend to binge and go off the deep end and innocent people get hurt. Also they are so addicted that they tend to steal for there next trip. Alot of purse snatching and small store robberies are the direct cause of people looking for just enough money for there next fix.
Sorry Dennis, while I know that plenty of incidents like the ones you describe happen every day, I don't think you realize that people don't USUALLY go nuts like that. I have been familiar with the drug scene several years, and a part of it for over a year, and I know only one person who has ever needed to go to rehab, and he was addicted to meth. I know many responsible frequent cocaine users, mostly young adults and a couple teens who get their money honestly, don't overuse the drug, and treat it with respect. Hell, the only three heroin users I've ever met, are all eminent individudals, respected at their jobs and in general in life. The government wants to villianize drug use because they DON'T profit from it. Opium was outlawed to supress the Asian immigrant workers, marijuana to control the mexicans, and cocaine/crack to check the African-American population. The tax act on Marijuana in 1937 was just the nail in the coffin for personal freedom to use substances not legitimized by the government, because the government doesn't get a cut. There are so many reasons that our drug policy needs to be revamped, the most pressing of which (besides the indisputable infringement on personal rights) is the economy. Enforcement of marijuana law alone costs the federal and state governments a combined figure of 7.7 BILLION dollars PER YEAR. A study conducted by Harvard economists and signed off on by 500 eminent national economists, including Milton Friedman of Stanford, indicated legalizing and taxing marijuana alone, at a similar rate to alcohol and nicotene, would not only erase the 7.7 billion deficit, but also give the government over 6 billion dollars in revenue yearly, besides undercutting crime nationally and creating jobs.

I couldn't support the full legalization of harder drugs, but I do believe regulation and decriminalization of them would solve many problems we face today.
 
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Top