Sport Bikes banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last monday me and my friends made plans to go on a ride this sunday down at lakemead... I dont have a tinted visor for my helment and i really wanted one for the ride this weekend so i ordered one on tuesday...It was a 2 day shipping on the visor so ith shoulda been here either thursday or today...I hadnt seen a charge on my card or gotten a package so i called the company... they didnt get my order so now im not getting my visor tell weds
:( ...........So now ima suffer with the sun out here for a couple of hrs on my eyes its going to suck....but the ride will still be fun i guess lol

·
Keyser Söze
1,360 Posts
yep sun glasses are ment to block sun.
I have ridden with a guy that has a mirror sheild and he uses sunglasses under his helmet

·
Premium Member
5,547 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
I used to wear sunglasses under my helmet until I got a tinted visor
but I did read somewhere that its a bad idea because in a crash the glass could shatter and go into your eye. Probably very unlikely and the lenses would have to be real glass which most aren't unless you buy 200 dollar plus sunglasses

·
Premium Member
1,789 Posts
I used to wear sunglasses under my helmet until I got a tinted visor
but I did read somewhere that its a bad idea because in a crash the glass could shatter and go into your eye. Probably very unlikely and the lenses would have to be real glass which most aren't unless you buy 200 dollar plus sunglasses
That's why you should only wear shatterproof eyewear under your lid when riding. Even plastic lenses can shatter and get into your eyes if they are not rated as shatterproof. Oakley makes them, but as you state, they are pricey. A cheap alternative is construction safety glasses. You can buy the frames and get interchangable lenses from clear, yellow, mirrored or just plain dark. Keep spares in your tankbag or other luggage etc. Some models are actually quite stylish.

·
Cheap Bastid
6,366 Posts
wait... so... you didn't get a tinted visor in time so you're all sad cuz it killed your weekend???

I can't imagine how broken up you must get over things that actually matter in life.

Emo kids.....:bitchslap

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
im not shattered im upset cuz i was looking forward to not having to ride with my damn hand up in the air looking like a tard.
i had spy glasses but my gfs dog got ahold of them and you know how that goes...

·
Registered
388 Posts
I would endorse the sunglasses under the helmet instead of a tinted visor. I wear ones from work, they are the ansi 87.1's that i think are supposed to be shatter proof, and are actually stylish looking.

·
Registered
782 Posts
These are the safety glasses I buy the guys at work

I wear them with my helmet and the are pretty confortable

Allsafe Nemesis Safety Glasses with Black Frame and Smoke Mirror Lens

[/IMG]

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
A hurricane killed my weekend
Same hurricane (remnant) busted us up at MotoGP on Sunday. 60mph winds and driving rain....

Did you get a lot of damage? When I was riding back through IN and KY I saw town after town ravaged by the winds - trees and power down everywhere.

The winds even took out some vendor tents at the races; including the Kawi and Yami tents which were HUGE.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts