1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
The cake is a lie
10,153 Posts
Kids fighting in/with MMA is about as stupid an idea as one can have. Is this what happened to you, Potato?
I love it when people try to call out others as being dumb, but make multiple stupid errors in their post that is attempting to call another person stupid.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I guess some folks just weren't meant for contact sports. I hope my kids take an interest in them. Their benefits are lifelong.

·
Registered
6,650 Posts
Are there rules against head hits for them? That'd be my only concern. Other than that it's not too much different than sparing in an other sort of martial arts.

·
Premium Member
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Are there rules against head hits for them? That'd be my only concern. Other than that it's not too much different than sparing in an other sort of martial arts.
+1 As long as they weren't hitting each other in the face i don;t have a problem with it. I took karate when i was 10

·
Registered
5,619 Posts
some kids will benefit from it, others are going to go crazy and try to beat everyone up. A simple clear answer does not cover all.

how is this different than junior Karate class? At least in TKD they taught us eastern philosophy...

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
It's probably not bad in theory. My daughter has studied karate for 8 years and is now a black belt, and it has been excellent for her. IMO the MMA world is not something I would want any child exposed to though and I imagine there's a lot of overlap.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I think some people are placing an unfair connection between the UFC and MMA.

Kids in MMA won't be leaving a bloody pile of unconscious human on the mat to win a match. Not to say that this is typical of the UFC either, but it does happen.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
here jeffo8 will make it easy for you.
A list of consumer electronics Jeffo8 owns.
cellphone
microwave
hot plate
hot shot
laptop

jeffo8 goes on to note that jeffo8 thinks that organizations that promote physical activity, and make a safe, supervised area for the activity, are the kind of groups jeffo8 wants around.

jeffo8 will also add another +1 to the no head hit rule.

jeffo8 blames face-book for using the wrong person for a forum post.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts