Sport Bikes banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Resident Freak
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While working in the bay area recently, I had a few opportunities to tour San Francisco. Among other things I saw which disturbed me, I noticed a trend among sport bikes; that is, probably half of the parked bikes that I saw were laying on the curb or on the street. I know there are some strange birds in that town, but these bikes were so scattered through the city that it couldn't be just one person knocking these bikes over. Is it some new action for those who dislike sport bikes to do in order to make a statement, or is it one little group of punks getting back at another group? Perhaps neglegent cabbies... after taking a cab once in that city, I could see that as a real possibility. What gives?

I fear for the individual whom I catch in the act of knocking ANY of my bikes over...

·
Registered
116 Posts
I will go with kicked over. I'm pretty sure they are doing it on purpose.

·
part of the problem
487 Posts
I live very close to San Francisco and frequent the city quite often. I can’t say I’ve ever seen a sportbike laying or the curb or the street in all my visits to the city and I‘ve been going there for years. With the sheer number of bikes you saw laying on the ground, I’d bet it’s intentional....it takes a lot to knock over a bike.

Haha and your right about the cabbies, I’ve had some very scary (read, reckless) cab rides in the city after nights of drinking. One cabby gave me and my buddies some cans of beer and proceeded to drive like a lunatic. If I wasn’t drunk and laughing so hard I probably would have said something. If the bikes are the street it’s very possible the cabbies are hitting them accidentally and driving off. Whatever the case may be it always sucks to see a bike laying on its side.

San Francisco’s a weird town, if you’re riding through there be SAFE.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Last time I went to a rally, there was a large group of stunters who were riding rashed up bikes. They didn't bother using the kickstand; they just dropped them on their sides.

It's a possibility.

·
Resident Freak
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lord knows what the deal was. There were about 6 of them, total, spread out over probably 40 blocks. There were several other bikes I saw that day, but most were scooters or cruiser types. They were all in fine shape (shiny side up).

·
Registered
376 Posts
I can't stand that city. I make it a point not to go there anymore. There is nothing good of that city, except the insane number of places to eat.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My vote is for careless cagers.

My buddy and his wife live in the city and I know that people suck at parallel parking up there. If the owners of the bikes are stupid enough to park their bike on the street instead of up on the sidewalk, I bet the culprit are people trying to squeeze into one of the rarely open parking spaces ajacent to the bike and bumping it.

The bumpers of almost every car in that city are jacked up because people just bump their way into parking spaces.

·
Resident Freak
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'd probably give that (bad drivers) my vote as well, coastal. The whole bay area in general has some of the worst drivers I've ever seen. First time I ever saw someone dive from the express lane across 6 lanes of 80 mph traffic to hit an exit ramp at the last minute was there in S.F. I couldn't believe it when I saw it, then it happened the next day. And the next day. And the day after that...

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
May sound stupid, but I've seen ppl actually "lay" their bikes down... Stunters that set their bikes down in a row, like dominos... I don't know, maybe intentional, maybe just gravity...

·
Sportbike.net junkie
1,242 Posts
Not to be thread jacking but what is your Pussy Posse! It sounds like a way to add up some more score to the kinky test!

sorry just had to ask

·
ok, who farted?
559 Posts
if they are doing it on purpose, they must have lots of money. i never understood how people treat their bikes as if they cost 30 bucks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts