Sport Bikes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
I have the kevlar ones and they were an improvement over stock. Other people I've talked to said that they didn't notice a difference between kevlar and steel braided. This was all on honda RC51's, so I don't know how much good that does you.

·
Kawpuke Extraordinare!
1,148 Posts
I had some Goodridge Kevlar lines on my ZX11. Only think I didnt like was the blue Teflon coating flaked off due to exposure to sunlight...

·
Registered
475 Posts
yeah, kevlar and UV rays don't work well together. kevlar may be touted as being stronger than steel, but it just doesn't hold up well. Unless you're racing your bike and plan on replacing them every few years, I'd say stick with braided stainless.

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
I use Kevlar brake lines on my Aprilia, I didn't noticed a difference from stock, but don't notice much of a difference with my buddie's RS250 with SS brake lines. Oh, and I use Fren Tubo brake lines, none of you guys have heard of them though I'm guessing (I hadn't heard of them either before I got to Italy)

·
No Whammy No Whammy STOP!
1,752 Posts
I have the Goodridge stainless lines and love them. I have no experience with the kevlar lines, so Im not of any help with that.

I would go with the stainless over the Kevlar though. I just dont like the blue/red combo. I guess Im a ricer in that way.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts