Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any suggestions I live in some apartment buildings in a not so great part of town not the worst but by far not the best. I've already caught 3 kids touching my bike and tampering with it a couple weeks ago and just tonight I caught a dude holding his kid sitting on my bike! :wtf

·
Registered
93 Posts
a proximity alarm

it still boggles my mind that parents don't have a problem with their kids climbing all over someone else's property. I have caught several kids touching my bike with the parents standing right there and the parents are always shocked when I say something to them about it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
a proximity alarm

it still boggles my mind that parents don't have a problem with their kids climbing all over someone else's property. I have caught several kids touching my bike with the parents standing right there and the parents are always shocked when I say something to them about it.
Seriously bro! I couldn't agree with you more! thankfully I check on my bike every 15 minutes or they would've gotten away with it lol. I mean the audacity of some people I was even standing on my balcony for damn near 2 minutes before I said something the guy apologized but still how would he like it if I sat on his car.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Proximity alarms work. Mine is a HID self arming unit, so I don't have to worry about arming/disarming. When an unauthorized imp strays onto my bike, they are warned of my impending wrath as I am also alerted by a long distance two way remote. This is the exact solution of a common problem as our bikes seem to attract these nasty pests.

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Very good ideas here. I was thinking a nice paintball gun and some target practice.... would only hurt enough to make em not wanna do it again.

·
All right meow...
2,719 Posts
Get their car keys from them and go in their car.

I did the same thing to one of our dickhead salesman at a job. He had his nice Lexus that he jerked off over and one day I caught him sitting on my bike talking on the phone while dragging a clipboard back and forth over the tank. I kept pestering him till he asked what!!!!!! I asked him for his car keys. He told me angrily they were on his desk. I went and got them, walked past him and got in his car, started it up, windows closed/AC on and fired up a cigarette. He doesn't smoke and didn't realize what I was doing till my second cigarette. Let's just say it almost came to blows, but I never had a problem with anyone sitting on my bike after that at work.

·
You are here
3,535 Posts
When I lived in an apartment I didn't own a bike nice enough to care about. No matter what you do the bike is unsecured, and anything can happen to it.

·
Registered
951 Posts
a proximity alarm

People are stupid, or amazingly entitles, or something like that. I volunteer with a local aviation organization, and sometimes work airshows for them, standing by the aircraft and talking to people about them.

It's amazing how many people will just climb right up on an aircraft without asking for permission or anything. I can't even keep track of the number of times I've looked away for a moment, then turned around and found some random guy standing on a wing.

Shit, I feel odd touching someone else's aircraft [i[with[/i] their permission.

·
Registered
156 Posts
If you leave your bike outside, its only a matter of time before it gets stolen. Make sure you got full coverage insurance, or buy a house with a garage. Bike cover will help out A LOT (especially with the problem with the kids), so will a disc lock, alarm, and chain. You wouldn't need any of this with a garage.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
If you leave your bike outside, its only a matter of time before it gets stolen. Make sure you got full coverage insurance, or buy a house with a garage. Bike cover will help out A LOT (especially with the problem with the kids), so will a disc lock, alarm, and chain. You wouldn't need any of this with a garage.
Not everyone can afford a garage. In fact, my options were between living in the ghetto and having a garage, or not living in the ghetto and carport. I'd rather not live in the ghetto. I do have an alarm (which isn't currently working due to a dead remote), a cover, and full coverage, so go ahead and try to steal it. Probably get me more than it's worth.

Honestly, if I caught someone's kids/someone sitting on my bike, I'd probably go sit on the hood of their car. Fortunately my carport is next to a wall, so I park the bike between the truck and the wall and there isn't a whole lot of room to get to it. I really need to fix my alarm remote though, needs some soldering done to hook the battery back up to the circuit board so I can start using my perimeter again.

·
You are here
3,535 Posts
My first few bikes were all old pieces of junk that worked very, very well. Useless to anyone but me. We had a gang come in one night and steal all the motorcycles. All but mine, that is. Now that I have a garage I have a nice bike.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Not everyone can afford a garage. In fact, my options were between living in the ghetto and having a garage, or not living in the ghetto and carport. I'd rather not live in the ghetto. I do have an alarm (which isn't currently working due to a dead remote), a cover, and full coverage, so go ahead and try to steal it. Probably get me more than it's worth.

Honestly, if I caught someone's kids/someone sitting on my bike, I'd probably go sit on the hood of their car. Fortunately my carport is next to a wall, so I park the bike between the truck and the wall and there isn't a whole lot of room to get to it. I really need to fix my alarm remote though, needs some soldering done to hook the battery back up to the circuit board so I can start using my perimeter again.
I know the feeling Danny500r I had to make the same choice. I actually have the similar set up where I park mine only its in between my roommates truck and his GF's car unfortunately though both aren't always there. Good news is my bedroom window over looks the parking space so I have a very good view of anything or anyone touching it. Obviously I cant keep my eye on it ALL the time which is why I've been looking into a security camera set up at least one pointing out my window on to the space. If there's one thing I've learned from this site, google, and youtube it's that there is no ONE way of securing your bike its a combination of MANY.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts