Sport Bikes banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have found a wonderful way to keep your bike clean between major clean-ups. My wife first suggested that I try it after she had got one to clean around the kitchen with. It uses plain water and will clean most anything on your bike without streaking and leave it looking good. I have been using it to wipe down everything on my bike including the windshield. It also removes love bugs and other types. This is works out well during bug season and you stop for gas, wipe it down removing all the bugs and road dust making it look like you just washed it. Well you may have ask by now "what is it?" It is a micro-fiber cloth. They can be found on detailing shops on the web or at Wal Mart (sometimes) at any auto parts store. When I leave home to go riding, I wet it down, put it in a baggie and I'm ready to go. It can also clean your eye glasses(if you wear them) so clean you will think the glass fell out. If the helmet visor needs cleaning, it does that also. After the ride take about 5-10 minutes and wipe down the whole bike so it will be ready the next time you ride. If you want it to look extra good, go over it with some instant detail (spray on) wax after you wipe it down. Be sure to take the cloth and hand wash it with either hand or dish soap, hang it up and let it dry, ready for the next ride. The nice thing is when you clean just using water it tends to discourage dust from sticking to your bike. Works on the car just as well. I have been using it for about 3 years and have no scratches on the windshield or paint. When I go on group rides and we stop for gas, I will sometimes clean one of the other riders bike with it and they can't believe how good it makes their bike look. Most bikers are not sold on the cloths until I use it on their bike(with their permission). Once you start using one you will wonder how you ever did without it.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts