Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you keep them sparkling and new...the outside I mean.

Do you polish it like you polish the bike?

Or just wipe it with a damp towel?

:)

·
Registered
708 Posts
crisco

·
V-twin anyone?
2,161 Posts
Yeah. Not everytime, but occasionally. If I really want a nice shine, I'll wax it. I have a Shoei RF1000 which has a thick clearcoat on it for reference. For quick cleaning of bugs, a damp towel will do the trick. If the bugs are encrusted on there, a damp warm towel over the entire helmet over a few minutes time will defossilize those bugs.

·
Combat Marshmellow
13,132 Posts
yep plexus is the shit....

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
what about Zaino car polish?

this one doesn't damage the black plastic bumpers on cars... do you think it'd be safe?

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
honda polish or plexus

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Honda plastic cleaner and polish works well.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Wipe down really good with a hot, wet rag. Then spray down with Honda polish and wipe off. Then, put on a coat of crystal-glo and wipe off. The finish will amaze you. I only do the crystal-glo polish 1 or 2 times a year.

·
at the track
3,121 Posts
Plexus

·
Registered
656 Posts
I just a damp towel to get the bugs and stuff off, then I wax it using Zymoil or Meguires. Leaves a nice shine and it also make it easier to get the bugs off next time around.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Does any of that stuff wreck the visor? I used something (can't remember what, of course) I thought was mild, but it totoally wrecked my visor. Who knows, maybe it was just a shitty visor. :)

·
Registered
912 Posts
A lot of commercial waxes contain solvents which can damage 'soft' plastic, which the visor is considered to be. You're also not supposed to use the Rain-X anti fog on plastic because it can permenantly haze it.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts