Sport Bikes banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i will be moving to a apartment next month i just wanted too know is it safe too keep the bike inside the apartment or should i worry about fire codes and other shit like that.

·
Canyon Assault Vehicle
1,299 Posts
Just dont tell anybody. I am pretty sure your leasing office would shit if they knew about it.

Sneak it in at night...keep blinds closed = win.

·
Gonna go far on my GSX-R!
2,238 Posts
i wouldnt think it would be a big deal unless you made it into one. what part of houston are you from?

·
Registered
402 Posts
I park mine inside. I think just about everybody in my building knows I keep it inside. Yesterday afternoon I was pulling her out and the guy above me was walking down the stairs and started laughing, and asked if i needed help. I just responded "Nope, do it every day." he said that his wife told him, "You know the boy downstairs has a motorcycle in there?!" then he said "I thought she was seein shit!"

There was a letter distributed to our complex by management saying that it was against the rules to keep "Motorized Vehicles" including but not limited to motorcycles inside the apartment. It was a part of the new Resident Parking stickers they distributed for some deal they made with a wrecker service. You think I'm leaving my bike outside an apartment complex?! Chained, Alarmed, Disc-Locked, Covered?

Fuck 'Em!

·
From back in da' day
2,777 Posts
its against fire code and will get you evicted if you get caught and the manager is an asshole. Plus the gas fumes are a bitch. Screw it i wouls drill into the concrete and sink an eyelet anchor with concrete epoxy and cable lock it. I wouldnt put mine inside ever again after Daytona and the gas fume incident. We were dizzy for hours and i had a headache all weekend.

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
Maybe there's a utility shed that's somewhat secure that you could use? I would also think about getting/installing a Scorpio, disk lock and a tie down anchor there if it has to be outside.

·
Crunnnnnnnnnnnnchy
3,067 Posts
Yeah.....fire-hazard

·
Banned
2,381 Posts
:eek:nfloor the pics of you guys bikes IN your apartments are great!!!!! I wish I could get away with that. I have to keep my bike in one of those mini storage garages :pisson

·
Registered
216 Posts
Has anyone seen that pic of the gixxer laying in bed with the covers on it? This thread made me think of that.

·
The Ugly TwatWaffle
8,369 Posts
blown1989saleen said:
:eek:nfloor the pics of you guys bikes IN your apartments are great!!!!! I wish I could get away with that. I have to keep my bike in one of those mini storage garages :pisson
Do you live in an apartment??? Did you just throw the little garage thing in a parking spot or what??? I've heard this suggested but never known it to actually happen.

·
old member
13,079 Posts
The gasoline fumes may give you a headache, but not close to the one you'd get if a furnace happened to ignite those same fumes. There are reasons why this usually is illegal. But, if you keep all the windows open all the time, it might be OK. :)

·
Registered
501 Posts
i kept at least one bike inside my apartment for 2 years no problems. you should only smell fumes if the gas cap seal is leaking or if you have a petcock that leaks. the only time I smelled gas was when I had a leaky petcock and gas flooded the carbs and drained on my floor.

and that was with smoking in the apartment

·
Banned
2,381 Posts
Spike said:
Do you live in an apartment??? Did you just throw the little garage thing in a parking spot or what??? I've heard this suggested but never known it to actually happen.
nah, I wish. its in one of those gated huge ass storage areas. this is a funny thread

·
old member
13,079 Posts
MT Wallet said:
I'd think it would be easier to clean a bike if it's indoors.
Now apartment managers would really not think kindly of someone using a water hose inside. :eek:nfloor

·
The Ugly TwatWaffle
8,369 Posts
Yeah, clean your bike indoors, what the hell are you on?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts