Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are pretty cheap compared to Shoei and even HJC but I want to know if these helmets have good crash test ratings and what not. I know they're DOT and SNELL approved but are there any good reviews on these helmets? I was particularly interested in the KBC TK7. The other helmet I am looking at is the Shoei TZ-1. What do you guys think of KBC? They're dirty cheap so it seems like a great bang for the buck.. but obviously safety is a big factor as well as comfort in deciding on a helmet. Give me some input!! TIA

·
I am MOTARDED
3,089 Posts
my buddy crashed in his at the track in april and i would say saved his life. but of course in the motorcyclist mag they rated it too hard. his lid has three cracks in it and the fiberglass was mush were it was impacted.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Here's a picture of my KBC VR-1 after a nasty lowside. I came away with a moderate concussion and no memory of anything from a few minutes before the crash until about an hour or so after. The helmet definitely saved my life, though. The VR-1 seems to be an okay helmet, but I can't say anything about the other KBC models.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
I crashed in my KBC VR1 and it did it's job. Head stopped my body from rolling by banging into the back of a guys bumper. Talk about a thump. Helmet held up. My brother crashed in the same type of helmet and his head smacked into a curb. No head injuries. I will recommend them.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I have a VR-1 also and I like it alot. Its light, inexpensive, comfortable, and good looking. The VR-2s are their newer version and I got the chance to try them on also. I've been looking for a good deal on the VR-2. I got my VR-1 with graphics new for $80 shipped.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Crash tested a VR-1 last summer (low side at low speed) and it held up quite well. My head held up perfectly so I'd say that's a plus. I wouldn't recommend the black chrome because it peels if you chip it at all.
Just picked up a Force-RR last week as a replacement for that helmet - I imagine it will hold up equally as well and the venting seems better than the VR-1.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts