Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Crash test dummy
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody out there know of any good mods for an '04 kat 600?

·
Crash test dummy
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Well as far as looks go i would like to find a new windcreen, solo cowl, and undertail. On the performance side anything that makes it go better would help.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Braada solo cowl...makes the bike.

a nice slip-on exhaust...Hindle, Yosh, D&D(if you like loud)

K&N filter and stage one kit...if yoiu have the 600, get a set of 750 headers.

-1 on the front sprocket will make it pull hard off the line.

Sportech has different screens...color and chrome.

Clear Alternatives have clear lenses

lots of things to liven up the lowly Kat...I LOVE mine

GET RID OF THE MACADAM TIRES...I love my Avon Azaro ST46's 120/70/17F 160/60/17R

·
Crash test dummy
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah i've only put 700 miles on my kat and already know the tires have to go.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Rangeguardian said:
K&N filter and stage one kit...if yoiu have the 600, get a set of 750 headers.

Are you saying K&N has a stage one kit, or get the Dynojet S1?.... also, why put 750 headers on a 600.... just out of curiousity.

·
Crash test dummy
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was kinda wondering the same thing myself.

·
Crash test dummy
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What have you done to your bike so far katanaman?

·
Registered
11 Posts
nothing really... just got the Seat Cowl from Braada... thats about it. Planning on getting a Hindle exhaust, Jet kit, and K&N Filter. (all pretty much in the near future)

·
Crash test dummy
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well you're off to a better start than me. I have a progrip tank protector if u even count that lol. :lame

·
Registered
46 Posts
nothing really... just got the Seat Cowl from Braada... thats about it. Planning on getting a Hindle exhaust, Jet kit, and K&N Filter. (all pretty much in the near future)
Hay how did that seat cowl install, and how did you paint it cuz i just got a katana and am thinking about ordering that seat cowl, cuz it looks nice on the katanas

·
Registered
11 Posts
Easy, The seat cowls are designed to slide over the stock seat from the rear. They are held into place using four tabs that are placed to fit into openings in the factory fairings. The tabs are easily bendable to conform to fit your seat exactly. Braada recommends using short screws in the two front tabs for extra security. These two small holes in the underside of the seat are the only modification necessary, you do not have to cut your seat. When your ready for passengers, simply remove the screws and slide it off. And for paint, just take it to your local body shop.

·
Registered
11 Posts
About 2 weeks.... They do each seat individually per customer, so sometimes it takes a while... plus they could be backed up on orders. But it's worth the wait. :)

·
Banned
73 Posts
Did you place the order yet for your new braada?

Braada seat cowls definately rock !! Easy to install, and look awesome, really sets off your bike as a whole!! It's the next thing on my list of mods on my Kat. Very reasonably priced, and all made just for stock Katana seats, so keep that in mind as well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
first off, Don't go with a Slip on, go full exhaust. It'll sound better, and it will up the horsepower. Slip ons don't do this, and full exhausts are only a little more expensive. I'm actually looking for a good place to find a Micron Hydratech. Next, if you are going to invest in a Jet Kit, don't get a stage one. There is little difference between stock and stage one. Do not go stage three for it is a huge upgrade, stick with stage 2. Don't forget that a jet kit allows for more fuel to go through, so in order for the jet kit to work properly you need to get a limited restriction air filter (K&N) AND a racing exhaust. All in all it will bump horsepower approx. 30. I also geared mine down one tooth in the front and just order a custom rear sproket. Try replacing the clutch with kevlar.

·
Registered
912 Posts
no matter what you do it won't help. you still ride a Katana.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts