Sport Bikes banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not saying what she did was right or wrong but I do believe in Karma...

Lynndie England Reportedly Burned in Prison Accident
SAN FRANCISCO, Dec. 29, 2005 — Lynndie England, the U.S. soldier incarcerated for abusing detainees in Iraq, was badly burned in a prison kitchen accident, her mother said Thursday.

England, who was pictured holding a leash to a naked, hooded Iraqi inmate at the Abu Ghraib prison, was sentenced in September to three years for her part in the abuse scandal that sparked worldwide outrage. She is now confined to the Naval Consolidated Brig Miramar in San Diego, Calif.

England works in the prison's kitchen, where she suffered second- and possibly third-degree burns from being splattered with grease over her chest as she removed chickens from a tall oven, her mother, Terrie England, said in an interview.

"She was in severe pain," she said of the Dec. 14 incident. "Everybody in the prison heard the scream."

Terrie England, who is caring for England's infant during her incarceration, faulted prison officials for not giving better treatment during a visit to the emergency room.

"They gave her nothing," she said. "When this happened I was furious. … To think they give you nothing for pain."

Brewster Schenck, a spokesman for Consolidated Brig Miramar, confirmed England had been assigned to the kitchen, where inmates prepare and serve food mostly for other prisoners. He declined to discuss the accident or her medical condition.

Terrie England said the arrival of her daughter at the military prison caused a lot of curiosity, including autograph requests. "It wasn't just prisoners, it was guards and everything," she said.

She said Lynndie England had been taking a Bible prayer class in prison and telephoning home from prison about once a week.

In a September interview with Reuters, England blamed her involvement in the Abu Ghraib scandal on then-lover Charles Graner, who is serving a 10-year sentence on abuse charges and is the father of her baby.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=1454184

·
Crunnnnnnnnnnnnchy
3,067 Posts
WHat's the diference between a "brig" and a prison? Do they still do military drills and stuff?

·
Registered
212 Posts
sucks to be her...should have "treated others like you want to be treated" just like mom always said...or was that what the kindergarden teacher told me?

·
Spoonin' leads to Forkin'
1,140 Posts
It's wrong to catch insurgents in the act and lock them in prison and have no respect for them b/c they were setting up bombs to kill you or your fellow service members. Come on ppl, these guys weren't locked up for fucking jaywalking. They were trying to kill Americans and coalition forces- Your brothers, sisters, friends or parents. Think about it. What would you do? Would you treat a piece of shit like that the same way they did or be all PC about it? If you walked out your door and someone was stealing your bike...would you be all sweet and respectful or would you make his intimate time spent with you memorable to detour them from repeating? They are prisoners of war not fucking resort guests. What would happen to me if I was caught by them?? You would know my name and be searching the net for footage of my head being cut off. They can fight unfair, but we have rules and sanctions. There have been points where I was wondering why in the fuck war crimnals were living and eating better than me and my soldiers. I was in the area and at the prison on several occations for several months prior to this making news (I was not involved or did not have knowledge if specified incidents). They took mortars all the time. You know the funny part about the incoming rounds?? They were aimed at the prisoner holding areas. Thier own ppl were trying to kill them so they couldn't talk. America and the rest of the world get all the bad out of the war on CNN and FOX, when was the last time they reported anything positve from it??? The only thing wrong with what they did is that they took pics. I hope America learned it's lesson and won't let news media be involved if there are future wars.
"treated others like you want to be treated" or maybe treat them like they deserve.
And yes...brig is the military term for a prison located on a military instillation.

·
Registered
18,682 Posts
From the circumstances of the accident, I think this is just more evidence that she's just not that bright. I'm even more convinced that low intelligence had more to do with getting her where she is than evil intent. The latter prize belongs to Grainer.

I should also mention that any attempt to defend the Abu Graib tactics -- whether on necessity, effectiveness, or just plain "It's OK." -- is pretty ridiculous.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Karma is crap, something to make you feel better. You do something bad to me, I’ll do my best to take revenge two fold on you. I will not hope something bad happens that would just be inaction on my part. But, whatever makes you feel better is fine by me. I’ll go continue my evil ways.

Oh and to add my 2cents on the abuse at Abu Ghraib prison, they are prisoners of war, enemies who tried to kill fellow Americans, they are as good as dead to me. Nothing can be done that is out of line.

·
Registered
18,682 Posts
Exhiliration said:
Karma is crap, something to make you feel better. You do something bad to me, I’ll do my best to take revenge two fold on you. I will not hope something bad happens that would just be inaction on my part. But, whatever makes you feel better is fine by me. I’ll go continue my evil ways.

Oh and to add my 2cents on the abuse at Abu Ghraib prison, they are prisoners of war, enemies who tried to kill fellow Americans, they are as good as dead to me. Nothing can be done that is out of line.
So you approve of the beheading, then, if I follow your logic.

As to your first point, while you are right about superstition, almost universally guys like you create their own misery. The world is your self-fulfilling prophecy, which is really no better than being superstitious.

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Karma to me is not like this Cosmic power that goes for retribution...it is just a return to you of what you put forth in this World. So if you spread sadness and misery, you in turn will be find sadness and misery. That's all.
Granted she may not be evil but she is also not humane.
I hate terrorists but I don't feel that covering them in feces will help in the battle against them.
The Terrorists are slowly causing America to change in exactly the direction they hope for. Granted it will be a Christian Theocracy but still a Theocracy. From there it will be easier to destroy our way of life versus battling a Democracy.

theocracy
n 1: a political unit governed by a deity (or by officials thought to be divinely guided) 2: the belief in government by divine guidance

·
Registered
18,682 Posts
kazlab67 said:
Karma to me is not like this Cosmic power that goes for retribution...it is just a return to you of what you put forth in this World. So if you spread sadness and misery, you in turn will be find sadness and misery. That's all.
In that sense, its pretty much what I was saying. For both of them. :cheers

1 - 12 of 12 Posts