Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought an '06 GSXR 1000 after 7 years on my 'Busa. Love the light weight, can't wait to get it on the track, but wondering what's the best mods to do first? Pipe? If so, is a slip on enough or have to go full? What pipe? (I tend to like the Akrapovic's myself). Would mostly like to make the 3-7k rpm power a little more linear for street use, but keep (or slightly enhance) the upper part of the power band. How about the brakes, any problems with the stock lines causing fading? Thanks for any input.
:beer

·
Clueless & Happy
419 Posts
I'd say pipe & filter. I have the M4 GP and really like it. Also put on steel brake lines, which make a difference. No matter what you do, it's all too damn expensive, ain't it?

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
I too am interested in mods for the 06 gixer1k. I just got mine a couple days ago after 2 years on a Busa. I'm a mod junkie.

I'd also like to know who's got the best performance full exhaust for less than $1k. I've got the PC on the way and need to decide on the exhaust.

Thanks ahead of time.

·
Registered
536 Posts
R1HOOLIGAN said:
I'd say pipe & filter. I have the M4 GP and really like it. Also put on steel brake lines, which make a difference. No matter what you do, it's all too damn expensive, ain't it?
Damn, I just saw an old pic of this bike with a Micron GP exhaust... I was about to send you a PM to see how you like it, but I see you've changed it. Thoughts on both?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi, Try these basic mods: Racefit Growler slip-on [I can prove it beats Akrapovic EVOII full Ti system], a BMC/ K&N air filter, SBK air rams, ECU Unleashed [it flushes then rewrites you ECU according to your mods and removes all the limitation from the Suzuki factory]. Add eventually Brisk race spark plugs... Done :D Have a safe ride!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts