Sport Bikes banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
crx81 said:
This would necessitate a PCIII for the bike to run properly, correct?
Is the mapping on this bike that sensitive? First fuel injected bike, I sometimes miss carbs. It's the Atkins bike day I suppose. I know you cold weather fare are thankful for the easy starts but I could tune my other bikes.
Are carbureted Yami fuel pumps this freaking noisy?

·
Ride Naked
3,324 Posts
So_Cal_Wil said:
Is the mapping on this bike that sensitive? First fuel injected bike, I sometimes miss carbs. It's the Atkins bike day I suppose. I know you cold weather fare are thankful for the easy starts but I could tune my other bikes.
Are carbureted Yami fuel pumps this freaking noisy?
Carbed would require rejetting... at least that was the case w/ my old Ninja.

·
Registered
80 Posts
crx81 said:
Carbed would require rejetting... at least that was the case w/ my old Ninja.
Jetting is easy, but maybe mapping is too but I could jet the bike by feel. I just need bite the bullit and learn the in's and out's.

I suppose you could alwasy reload the stock map if tweaking went awry, which side am I on again? :eek:nfloor

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
crx81 said:
I put a BMC in mine last weekend. No PC and it seems to run fine. I haven't put many miles on it yet but, so far, so good.

·
FSRA Member
94 Posts
crx81 said:
The mechanic at our dealership said no. I would guess that a PCIII would be needed for it to run optimally. I've been running with a homemade K&N/BMC type filter for around 3 months and I couldn't tell any difference when I first put it in.

·
On The Job
1,739 Posts
I can't see any reason why you would need a PC. Seems like people think they need to put one on for every little modification they make. The amount of airflow increase will be minimal.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts