Sport Bikes banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i went to pay my bike payment today(ironic). and on the way back home i was making a left turn along with a bunch of cars. well one guy decided that it was an emergency to go to church and slammed on his brakes to make the turn into the church everyone else behind him also had to slam on their brakes well evidently i was not quick enough, i hit the van in front of me i was only doing like 5-10mph when i hit but it was enough to throw me over the windscreen. i am alright, just a few cuts and bruises, i am going to the hospital tomorrow to get my leg checked out, maybe fractured, but here are some pics

Attachments

·
Registered
355 Posts
damn, thats ruff guy. glad you're ok. did get to at least punch the guy once? :mg

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
Damn man, thats the same thing that happened to me. Sorry about that shit but glad you are alright. That is what counts. And I too thought I had fractured my legs but the xrays showed nothing broken. Hope that's the case.

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
20,852 Posts
Damn man, sorry to see that and hear it. Hope your leg is ok!!! Hopefully insurance will have it back up and ready to go!!! Good luck man and keep us posted!!

·
Back in Black
5,538 Posts
You sure it's totalled man? Not just bent forks or something?

If there is no frame damage, but it is actually totalled, you could buy it back from the insurance company for cheap, and fix it back up.

If that doesn't work, are you going to get another bike and ride again?

Hope your leg is aight man.

·
at the track
3,121 Posts
You better pursue that injury $$$ buddy.

Hey man, sorry about your loss, that sucks.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
TRaGiK said:
You sure it's totalled man? Not just bent forks or something?

If there is no frame damage, but it is actually totalled, you could buy it back from the insurance company for cheap, and fix it back up.

If that doesn't work, are you going to get another bike and ride again?

Hope your leg is aight man.
The forks are bent and alot of the body work is destroyed, it would cost so much to fix it is only a 98 zx7r. I am absolutely going to ride again, if not this bike i will have another, hopefully before the end of summer!

·
Registered
552 Posts
I'm glad you're alright though and not too bad. Bikes can be replaced, people can't. So be glad you are able to tell us about this and we aint readin about you in the local paper. Just keep your head up bro and if you need help finding parts for your bike or lookin for a new one, let me know. That's what I do as a second job.

Man cagers must be after us today. First i had some lady switch lanes and then decide she didn't like that lane so she swerved back into my lane. I was literally close enough that I kicked her passenger door because she obviously couldn't hear my horn. I wanted to punch her fuckin face in. That's the closest a car has ever come to side-swipping me. Then 2 sportbike guys came out of nowhere and I gave them the casual wave then right as I put my hand back on the bar this asshat in a minivan busts a u-turn in the middle of the road and about takes all 3 of us out.

I think I need anger management classes or something. My boyfriend says I got a bad temper when it comes to riding on the street. But it aint my fault bitches can't drive. HAAAAAAAA

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Damn, be careful out there. Bike wrecks are very painful and it sucks going to the hospital and wracking up bills. I just had to pay a 200 dollar deductible on a cat scan for my shoulder. Besides which you can - gasp - die. Just stay as far away as you can from the cagers they are worst than dennis the menace.

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
Me and Will were out on the beltline tonight and this minivan came across 3 lanes and came up in my lane on the far right trying to sideswipe me. I stick my middle finger out and yelled as loud as I could and could see the scared look on the girl passengers face about 2 feet away as the driver swerved back into his lane. Then we got on Capital Blvd and I switched lanes and then saw a Pickup come up behind me doing about 80 and was worried Will was gonna follow me right into the path of the Pickup. As I glanced back at Will as he raced to avoid getting ran over, a minivan came into my lane and about sideswiped me. Be careful people, there are maniacs out there!!!

·
My fanclub is here
1,918 Posts
Thank the stars you are ok, bikes are replaceable. Same thing happend to a bro of mine when I was in FL totalling his black 05 RC51. He still is awaiting the outcome since he did the rearend job. Best of luck to you getting back on two wheels.

·
Registered
791 Posts
are you sure you were going 10 mph? Also, whose insurance is paying for your bike? I guess it IS your fault but it isnt ya know?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
my ins is paying for my bike but only to pay it off, not replace it, and i did get the ticket, it would have been nice if someone else had been ticketed, cause then i could get a brand new bike, on someone else's tab. I am feeling alot better this morning, just a little sore, but ready to get back out there terrorizing old lady's haha. thank you everyone for posting, i appreciate everyones comments, and care

·
Registered
791 Posts
bluezx7r said:
my ins is paying for my bike but only to pay it off, not replace it, and i did get the ticket, it would have been nice if someone else had been ticketed, cause then i could get a brand new bike, on someone else's tab. I am feeling alot better this morning, just a little sore, but ready to get back out there terrorizing old lady's haha. thank you everyone for posting, i appreciate everyones comments, and care

WHOA! You have an accident and a cop gives you a ticket ? That is is some heartless crap to do. NO no officer i already have to pay for a new bike I wont mind having to pay a ticket as well. :pisson

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
SnookayDCC said:
WHOA! You have an accident and a cop gives you a ticket ? That is is some heartless crap to do. NO no officer i already have to pay for a new bike I wont mind having to pay a ticket as well. :pisson

i think i can get out of the ticket the people in the van were from ohio so they won't be here on court day. but i am still screwed as far getting a bike, my credit is shitty, i do have someone with real good credit that is willing to co-sign for me, but it'll probably be a little while. Have to wait till the ins co. finishes paying mine off, in the mean time i still have to make the payments (which sucks pretty bad), and the other person has a bike loan out now but is selling it soon so that loan will paid out. I am looking at maybe an R1 or a GSXR 1000, but i do also like the ZX-10 alot. don't know yet

1 - 17 of 17 Posts