Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OH MY GOD WHAT COMPLETE AND UTTER BOLLOCKS. :mad:

I'd seriously say the wizard of oz was way more realistic.

Yes lets take an RSV Mille onto a motorcross track.
Lets do 300mph on a bike with a `jet engine` in rush hour traffic, crash without a helmet, and get straight back up unshaken.
Lets fling about a motorcycle like its a trials bicycle.

Anyone else notice how one minute they were streetbikes, next they were dual sports with race plastics..? (Forks kept fluctuating in length!).
The bike fight scenes were GHEY. Those bike must have weighed like 5kilos the way the actors were tailwhipping etc.
Don't even get me started on the train part. The special FX were also a big old bag of scrote.

I mean im easily pleased, i enjoyed Biker Boys, as most of the riding was actually done on the black stuff. But this was dribble. I burst out laughing in parts, when the girl is fighting the other goth biznatch, and they both do this weird wheelie thing and connect the front wheels, and drop back down and take off again. Sit me down in front of a film with guns, explosions, titties etc, and ill be brain dead for hours, but i was laughing out loud the whole way through.

Annoyed me the way they kept refering to the RSV Mille as a `Black Custom Motorcycle`

Only good thing was the sound, they actually did a smidgen of research and realised what V-twins sounded like, unlike Biker Batty Boyz. :angry

"Yeah i heard of these, over 200 in less than ten seconds" then he goes WOT from a standstill, and actually manages to keep the front wheel planted. What a waste of an hour/half.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
I would not even wish my worst enemey to have to sit through that movie.

I am sorry you had to.

·
Registered
905 Posts
DazzaP said:
OH MY GOD WHAT COMPLETE AND UTTER BOLLOCKS. :mad:

I'd seriously say the wizard of oz was way more realistic.

Yes lets take an RSV Mille onto a motorcross track.
Lets do 300mph on a bike with a `jet engine` in rush hour traffic, crash without a helmet, and get straight back up unshaken.
Lets fling about a motorcycle like its a trials bicycle.

Anyone else notice how one minute they were streetbikes, next they were dual sports with race plastics..? (Forks kept fluctuating in length!).
The bike fight scenes were GHEY. Those bike must have weighed like 5kilos the way the actors were tailwhipping etc.
Don't even get me started on the train part. The special FX were also a big old bag of scrote.

I mean im easily pleased, i enjoyed Biker Boys, as most of the riding was actually done on the black stuff. But this was dribble. I burst out laughing in parts, when the girl is fighting the other goth biznatch, and they both do this weird wheelie thing and connect the front wheels, and drop back down and take off again. Sit me down in front of a film with guns, explosions, titties etc, and ill be brain dead for hours, but i was laughing out loud the whole way through.

Annoyed me the way they kept refering to the RSV Mille as a `Black Custom Motorcycle`

Only good thing was the sound, they actually did a smidgen of research and realised what V-twins sounded like, unlike Biker Batty Boyz. :angry

"Yeah i heard of these, over 200 in less than ten seconds" then he goes WOT from a standstill, and actually manages to keep the front wheel planted. What a waste of an hour/half.
dude, its just a MOVIE. i dont recall anywhere anyone saying it was sopposed to be factual and realistic.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
G L said:
dude, its just a MOVIE. i dont recall anywhere anyone saying it was sopposed to be factual and realistic.

Yes, but how does the general public relate to all of us out on the street?

I will leave it at that.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Jammin_Johnny said:

I will leave it at that.
it depends. i hate to break this to you, but motorcycles in general have been the bane of car drivers since they were invented. motorcycles in general have always carried a sort of "outlawish" stigma to the average sensible car driver. thats just life. a stupid movie isnt going to make that any worse.

·
Registered
122 Posts
My women surprised the day it came out on DVD, bought me the movie, I was pretty excited to see it.... until it started and I could see it was going to be more of a comedy. What a joke indeed. The best part was a guest appearence by Jeese James. Oh and don't forget on the Y2K's, something called jet lage, where there is a 1-2 second reaction time between throttle and non-throttle. That's where you hit the gas and it takes 2 seconds to accelerate, and then once you let off gas it takes 2 seconds for the jet to let off, that would be pretty crazy doing 200 mph in rush hour.

·
Registered
905 Posts
954rrMaster said:
Oh yeah, the Saints Suck!! :twofinger

Go Packers!!
"the saints suck"?

gee, like ive never heard that one before. and the fudgepackers are so much better?

lets see, last matchup.....

sept 15, 2002

SAINTS 35
packers 20

WHO DAT!
:twofinger :twofinger :twofinger

·
I hate thieves!!!
1,229 Posts
Jammin_Johnny said:

I will leave it at that.
G L said basically what i was thinking. The sterotypes about us were developed long before this movie ever came out. Lets not blame this movie for it.

I took it for what it was, a movie. I watched it and was entertained by it. I don't expect it to be realistic and I'm not going to go pick the thing apart, im just gonna sit back and enjoy it for what it is. If i want a realistic movie, il watch faster. If i want to see off the wall shit, i'll turn to hollywood. :twofinger

And you guys can stop your bickering, cause my pats will dominate once again :D

·
Registered
130 Posts
G L said:
"the saints suck"?

gee, like ive never heard that one before. and the fudgepackers are so much better?

lets see, last matchup.....

sept 15, 2002

SAINTS 35
packers 20

WHO DAT!
:twofinger :twofinger :twofinger
HAHAHAHAHA, Lions'll whip you both this year!

Torque was crappy and everybody knows it. It doesn't do anymore damage to motorcycle images than alot of what happens on the real road. Still, it didn't help and that sucks.
:mad:

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
G L said:
it depends. i hate to break this to you, but motorcycles in general have been the bane of car drivers since they were invented. motorcycles in general have always carried a sort of "outlawish" stigma to the average sensible car driver. thats just life. a stupid movie isnt going to make that any worse.

Truer words were never spoken, there isn't a friggin thing we can do about our "image" until knuckle heads on hurleys going as the hells angels start helping old ladies cross the street and dumass kids stop killing themselves on sportbikes.

Motorcycles have been hated by the general public in the US since the late 40's early 50's gonna take a helluva lot to change history.

btw I liked torque for what it was a movie. Plain and simple entertainment. Nothing more nothing less it wasn't Moto GP. It was "Hollywood" :alky :alky :alky

You tell em Inky :lol

·
Registered
11 Posts
I found it entertaining for the sheer fantasy of it all. The yellow bike was an RC51 that a guy from ROGUE actually bought pretty cheap after the movie was made. Shame they crapped it up with that paint job. I loved how the two VTwins sounded just like I4's. I also loved how the Yamaha Warrior the bad guy rode had a chain..umm, they are belt driven. I also loved how the Warrior gave the Y2K jet bike such a run for it's money! Pure fantasy, but entertainment, not reality. You want reality, go get FASTER. THat movie fawkin rawks!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well i'm sorry , but i did say that i can usually sit through a movie with carnage, titties, guns etc, because it's fun. But when i see a bike film, i get it out because im an enthusiast. I didn't say i was looking for MotoGP, i just wanted to see some naked chicks on bikes, actually riding on the ROAD.
Granted some parts were fun, but the off road dirt track jumping actually made me laugh, maybe it fulfilled its purpose then?

All im going to say is that it was quite obvious the guy who made it wasn't a biker. :lol :twofinger

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Probably the gayest bike movie I've ever seen, the whole "wheelie fight" between the two girls just made me wanna throw shit at the TV. The only thing I liked about the movie was the main blonde girl, at least I got to watch her most of the time.

This movie made me wanna:

Attachments

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Haha great pic, very suitable.

That wheelie fight scene was diabolical, but you're right, the blonde chick was edible.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Well, I liked the pic, not for the story content, or acting, but the fact, they did have my RC51 in there, and they were hitting some light twistees. Better than that straight line chit in Biker Boyz.. :)

ceh

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
I just popped in Torque again, and watched the directors commentary with the movie, and the first scene going through those twisties wasn't even stunt men, it was actually the actors. It doesn't make the movie any better, but at least the actors were actually riding for some of it.

·
Banned
519 Posts
Yeah, and if you notice...in the commentary... the directors were talking about how they made this movie as a "JOKE"! They were laughing at every single part...just like you guys are now.

I enjoyed the action...and the Blonde chick was to die for... :drool

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Yeah it was cool how they were making fun of themselves the whole way through.

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
The goth chic was Jamie pressley and she looked dammmmmmmmmmmm hot in that movie

1 - 20 of 22 Posts