Sport Bikes banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It didn't come with the yamaha logo on it, so I'm wondering if it isn't clear-coated. It's shiny as hell, but I can't tell if it's just a really smooth coat of paint. You really have to buy the logos separately then run another clear coat over the who thing? Personally, I could care less if there's a logo or not, but I can't imaging it costing yamaha more than 20 cents to effing put the logo on at the factory. Free advertising, common! Oh well, even with my current tank with the yamaha logo, I still get asked once a week what kind of bike it is. Y-A-M-A-H-A isn't spelled out anywhere on the bike, so people don't have a clue.

·
I dunno
3,784 Posts
1st set it out on the lawn
2nd walk back in the house and get your broom
3rd remove broom handle
4th give the new tank 1 or 2 good wacks
now you are guaranteed that it wont get touched again:cheers

keep in mind these things are not likely to work for Wavex

·
Registered
655 Posts
the yamaha logo sticker doesn't have a clearcoat ran over it, it's just a glossy sticker to begin with

and yes the tank has a clearcoat on it, maybe just 1 coat, but it's there

·
Yeah it's fast...
913 Posts
I believe that only the 04-05's have the sticker under the clearcoat, when I bought my new tank it had the sticker on but probably only because they are under teh clearcoat.

·
Registered
655 Posts
i have a 07 and removed my sticker, you can't see a difference in the paint where the sticker used to be

just fyi

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
did you order the 06 or 07 tank? 06's have the logo under the clearcoat and I believe are shaped slightly different. Don't quote me on that. However the 07 tanks just have the emblem attached over the clearcoat.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well if under oath I would've sworn my '06 logo is under the clear coat. I guess I'll have to take a better look at it tomorrow. I ordered the '08 black(smx) tank. I'm hoping it's going to be an easy swap. Need to research old threads!

Oh, and does anyone know if there's a black/smoke windshield available that's the same size/height as the stock?

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
He doesn't go by Wavex anymore. His new Delta Chi name is "Crash".:lol
Don't drop my Fraternity's name in vain please.

Yes, I'm being serious, although I realize that you're probably just quoting a movie or something....

Actually, I could see Wavex being in my fraternity. :)

·
Registered
816 Posts
Well if under oath I would've sworn my '06 logo is under the clear coat. I guess I'll have to take a better look at it tomorrow. I ordered the '08 black(smx) tank. I'm hoping it's going to be an easy swap. Need to research old threads!
There's your answer. Through '06, they were flat stickers under the clearcoat. '07+, they decided to get cheap and adhere a "puffy" sticker to the tank afer finishing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts