Sport Bikes banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I was just promoted to oversee the dealership at the dealership where I work. This month of March, I was able to sell 16 units. I should have been able to turn 20-22 units, but the past two weeks, I have been training as Sales Manager. I have been working in the credit card processing industry for the past 7 years in Dallas as a Sales Relations Supervisor & Manager, Sales Manager, Program Manager, etc... in that industry. My dealership is in a town of 44k people and the only dealership within 100 miles. We are a dealership that carries Kawasaki, Yamaha & Honda. So I am new to motorcycle, ATV & Side by Side sales. I turn 28 tomorrow, April 1st.

So that's a little about me & the dealership. I met with the owner & my GM after work. I have to come up with a business plan, but only for my department, which is sales of new and used units.

So if anyone has any business classes under their belt, has made a business plan and/or has any helpful ideas for me, that would be great! I know this section doesn't have any traffic, so I hope someone sees this.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Be prompt with greeting customers but not overbearing
Be grateful to have customers and treat them that way
Make sure you personally and your sales staff has a great relationship with parts and service departments

Is sales the most profitable in your dealership or does finance, parts or service make more money for the dealership?
I only ask because if say service is the money maker, then selling more units will produce more service customers so you could afford to sell the units for less profit thus upping sales, which may up profits as well...no?

What do I know-I am strictly service related

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, I will be moving back to Dallas eventually, but not right now.

Our sales department is the money maker. We make more money than parts & service combined, but it's not for a lack of sales & parts... It's because we sell 30+ units a month.

I understand the laws of sales and how to do that. I'm just looking for help on the actual business plan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts