Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you ever fear your bike getting stolen when you go to mall or to the movies or something? I don't know why but I just can't get this fear out of my head. So are bikes stolen all that much from places like this, or am I just being over paranoid?

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I am paranoid...I will never take my bike to the movies or somewhere I know I won't be out for a while. For the most part, I will only stop where I know I can be in view of my bike at all times. In a resturaunt, I try to sit as close to the window by where I'm parked as possible. Sometimes it can't be avoided, but I'm always nervous about it. I'm not really worried about it being stolen, custom painted bikes are a bad idea for theifs. However, I am worried about the people who want to sit on it, or mess with it. Keep it in sight as much as possible, especially in anonymous areas like malls and stuff.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I never leave it unattended for that length of time. I am more worried about some idiot that wishes he had a bike sitting on it and scratching the cowl or dropping it. I bought a good alarm with perimeter sensor, chirps first then goes off if they dont move away.

·
Superbike fan
871 Posts
I'm paranoid about leaving my bike too. I don't usually cruise anywhere and leave it but I just got back from a road trip where I left it outside in the hotel parking lot for a couple of nights. I don't like doing that at all. Outside in a strange town is not a good feeling.

But you want to know about being really paranoid? So on this road trip we went to Road America for the Superbike races. Me and my buddy rode out there and then my brothers drove up with their bikes on a trailer. One brother is a new rider, he crashes going downhill on some wet grass breaking a turn signal. My other brother's bike tips over and breaks the brake lever. When we are putting the bikes on the trailer the first brothers bike falls over and my buddies gas tank gets dented. Nothing had happened to my bike so I'm thinking the damn thing has got to fall off the trailer on our way home. Lucky me, my bike made it alright. Knock on wood.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Yep, had one stolen and it had been parked for only 3 1/2 hours or so.

I ALWAYS use a disc lock, and try to use my cable lock if possible. I park where I can keep an eye on it and where there's a lot of passersby around. I do not let it out of my sight after dark unless it's in my garage.

Randall

·
Registered
426 Posts
what type of bike was it rino?

I been quilty of gawking at another persons 750 gixxer before I had a bike. I was so tempted to sit on it, but somehow that just didn't feel right:)

·
Registered
488 Posts
yea, i hate it..only when absolutely necessary, i generally try to park it on the sidewalk near the window of the place i'll be near LOTS of people. Never the movies or anything, the movie parking lots around here seem to be a spot for parkin lot pimpin, the last thing I want to do is leave my bike around some wannabe hoodlums showing off their piece of shit imports..

·
Registered
243 Posts
njssli22 said:
showing off their piece of shit imports..
Like a Suzuki, Honda, Kawasaki or Yamaha? Ha ha ha. . . j/k. You prolly shoulda said civics and eclipses. . . BTW, I love smoking those kids every time I see em on the freeway. :lao

·
Banned
1,097 Posts
Do you ever fear your bike getting stolen when you go to mall or to the movies or something?
Uh, like everytime I think about how easy it would be for three dudes to pick it up and put it in a van.

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
I don't know if this has ever happened to anyone else, but my ex500 was often parked at malls and stuff

Then one day I noticed to my horror, someone had stolen one of the 4 bolts for my steering.

·
No limit hypocrite
1,695 Posts
I am always paranoid of someone sitting on it, and dropping it. I think that pisses me off more than anything, when people walk up and sit on your bike.. And they get pissed when you yell at them to get the F--- off. Like I'M being the jerk here.
What.. would it be okay for me to walk up to a Corvette, and just open the door and sit in YOUR car, without your permission.. Jerks.
Someone dropped my wifes bike 2 months ago, doing the exact same thing.

·
Registered
488 Posts
H2Omax1 said:
Like a Suzuki, Honda, Kawasaki or Yamaha? Ha ha ha. . . j/k. You prolly shoulda said civics and eclipses. . . BTW, I love smoking those kids every time I see em on the freeway. :lao
haha yes... EXACTLY like those things.. :rollseyes:, I mean the FOUR wheel imports.. It's funny cause when it comes to cars, I'm ALL ABOUT American muscle and power cages, but when it comes to two wheels.. Import me somethin nice bitch or pay the price..

:cheers :popcorn

·
Registered
157 Posts
I wanna ride to the AMA races at mid-ohio july 22-24...and i guess its a big deal there? But im so paranoid about it being stolen, even at a big event like that...I mean im too young and dont have enough money to buy a new bike if it were stolen!

·
Registered
243 Posts
njssli22,

I love smokin American muscle cages too. Some kid had a Z28 with NOS and turbo etc rolled up to a bunch of us the other night and said he wanted to race a bike. :eek:nfloor

·
Registered
488 Posts
i could never understand that... do they expect to win? we are riding 300lbs on two with wheels with over 100hp.. WTF do they think is going to happen? Had a guy in a early 90's mustang gt start revin his engine next to me at a light.. granted while it was nice, and sounded SICK, I could do nothing but shake my head.

·
Registered
321 Posts
sictight311 said:
I wanna ride to the AMA races at mid-ohio july 22-24...and i guess its a big deal there? But im so paranoid about it being stolen, even at a big event like that...I mean im too young and dont have enough money to buy a new bike if it were stolen!

Me and my uncle are going to that race too, I think we are taking his covered moto trailer, so I'm not all that worried about it. I ride my bike to work every day, mostly because my mom stole my car, but that's a different story. Today one of my worst nightmares came true, about 3 little kids were climbing on it, one was about to pick up my helmet when I ran over and told them to beat it. Luckily nothing got damaged.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts