Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I couldn't take it anymore and had to order a power commander for my girl! I got it on Ebay brand new for $260. What did ya all pay for yours? What is the best map to use? I can't freakin' wait to get it and see what it does for me. :feedback

·
Registered
159 Posts
Sweet! The seller re-listed the unsold units. I think one of them will be coming to me :). I came across the auction the other day, but my finances were in such a state that 260$ was better spent on necessities *damnable Bay Area CA rent & utility prices*. I don't think this post will be of any help to you regarding your questions except for price, but it's cool to know someone else cashed in on the deal they're going for on ebay :dblthumb.

·
Registered
858 Posts
I too saw that on Ebay and was wondering it it was a good price.. Still trying to decide if I need it. :D

·
Registered
72 Posts
Well, I installed mine and noticed that the jerkiness in the throttle is gone.. Power seems to be more lineir (sp?) Plus it kinda makes that 5k Vib get a little smaller... And I like anything I can hook my lapdog up too...

·
Sportbike.net junkie
1,242 Posts
Thanks to Conehead i got one now as well. I bought his used one for $259 and i love it.(Thanks again Conehead if your lurking!!!) Its even better when i brought my laptop to the parking lot to download my map and a bunch of townkids were standing out watching me. They were asking how high tech my bike was and i fed them a bunch of bull. It made my day. Im an attention hog. ha ha

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
fz6Lovin said:
Well, I installed mine and noticed that the jerkiness in the throttle is gone.. Power seems to be more lineir (sp?) Plus it kinda makes that 5k Vib get a little smaller... And I like anything I can hook my lapdog up too...
What map are you using and have you tried many different ones?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Got mine in the post today :)

My plan is to one day change the zorst and air filter but for now it's stock so I guess I load in the European Stock bike map and thats pretty much it?
Also what does the accelerator pump software do and what settings if I use it should I be looking to use, My main purpose of the bike is to commute (about 22k miles a year) and sometimes fun weekend rides.

·
Registered
291 Posts
The accelerator pump gives a percentage of fuel increase (above what the map does) for a given number of revs when you twist the throttle (throttle sensitivity, revs and percentage of fuel are all adjustable). Meant to be an extra kick, like for when you go to pass, etc.

For another poster:
The zero map would be the same as running w/o the PC. It is also meant to wipe the values in the system and it is probably a good idea to push this one into the unit before changing from one map to another.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have got my power commander programmed and ready to install as well as FAZR6's FE kit but can't do it until I get the s.o.b. back from the shop whom is taking their sweet f*ckin' time! :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
78 Posts
crazymofo said:
I have got my power commander programmed and ready to install as well as FAZR6's FE kit but can't do it until I get the s.o.b. back from the shop whom is taking their sweet f*ckin' time! :mad: :mad: :mad:
I know your pain. I am waiting on the shop with mine as well. I think I have the TPS problem mentioned in another thread. I have my Power Commander, Devil Exhaust(Thanks Rok!), and my new FE kit (Devil friendly Thanks Mike!) just sitting in boxes waiting for it to be finished. Didn't want to install them before I let the shop work on it so the mods couldn't be blamed for the problems. :angry

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
exciter99 said:
I know your pain. I am waiting on the shop with mine as well. I think I have the TPS problem mentioned in another thread. I have my Power Commander, Devil Exhaust(Thanks Rok!), and my new FE kit (Devil friendly Thanks Mike!) just sitting in boxes waiting for it to be finished. Didn't want to install them before I let the shop work on it so the mods couldn't be blamed for the problems. :angry
Exciter99, you should post some pics of your GPS. It sounds like a cool mod. How do you like it?

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
WOOOOOHOOOOO!! I just got my bike back from the shop!!! :D Now I can go and install my Power Commander and FE kit.

·
Registered
78 Posts
crazymofo said:
WOOOOOHOOOOO!! I just got my bike back from the shop!!! :D Now I can go and install my Power Commander and FE kit.
I don't :( They ordered a new tps sensor and ecm should be in thursday or friday. We will see what results this brings. I will post up those GPS pics once I get my bike back. :leghump

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I installed my Power Commander when I got home from work tonight. Pretty easy I'd say. I will take her out for a ride tomorrow and see how it does. I am using the map for a European FZ6 with stock exhaust and air filter.

·
Registered
30 Posts
What map would you use on a stock machine with a BCM air filter? Also, how much are you guys paying power commander dealers to have put on dyno and tuned?

·
Registered
78 Posts
fz6Lovin said:
Where did you order the GPS? I am thinking of picking one up.
I belive I got mine from erwincomp.com. Your best best is to search on shopping.yahoo.com for meridian color travelers. This will value pack. Its worth it to get that. It gives you a 64mb sd card, maping software, carkit/serial cable for pc downloads. You will also want to get an additional 12volt power cable and the bike handlebar mount(may be a mountain bike one).

I also recommend picking up a SD card reader/writer if you can find one cheap. It will take you hours to load the memory card over the included serial cable(30-40 seconds with a writer).

Oh and the last thing if your short this method of installing it isn't going to work well for your speedo viewing. I am about 6'2" and I can't see from 0-4000 on my tach(I shift solely on feel so it doesn't bother me but thats just me). You may need to look for RAM mounts to put it on the handlebars closer to the grips rather than right in the middle.

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
[email protected]!&!# it all. Got my bike back today and the replaced the ECU took it about 5 miles and it started stalling again. By tonight I can barely keep it running at all. Back to the shop it goes on monday. Perhaps now they will listen and install the TPS they ordered and have sitting on the shelf. Blah.. out of commision for another nice sunday and it looks like an ever longer period before I can put my Devils and PC3 on. :angry

1 - 20 of 53 Posts