Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I just moved back to WI after serving 4 years in the Navy. I'm moving from Va Beach and have been riding with the Coast Riders over there. My bike will be here next week and I'm hoping to meet anyone around the Milwaukee area that rides. I'm staying with my mom in Germantown until I get a new place and start school. Hope to meet some of you guys soon!!!

·
Registered
266 Posts
well, i live in germantown too but will only be here till next week saturday. Moving back to school.

But Welcome :twofingers

hopefully you can make it out to one of our rides

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
Welcome to SBN specialK. :twofinger Welcome back to Wisconsin.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Welcome, and thanks for the service!

I lived in Norfolk for a summer with my bro...he served on the John C. Stennis.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Welcome back to Wisconsin :twofinger . I live in G-town also, hope to see you out riding real soon

·
Registered
348 Posts
specialK like from Can't Hardly Wait? Do you ride around with ski goggles on?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Captal said:
specialK like from Can't Hardly Wait? Do you ride around with ski goggles on?
Only when I'm skiing :)

Thanks for the welcome guys. I'm in VA to pick up my stuff and will be back on Wed. If any of you Gtown guys see a blue gsxr on Catskill Ln stop by and say hi. Hope to meet everyone soon.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Welome home :twofinger Also Ex-military (Army MP) Look forward to meetin ya.
If your looking for a house let me know, my realtor works wonders :bananafu: :2fingers

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
SilverBlade954 said:
Welome home :twofinger Also Ex-military (Army MP) Look forward to meetin ya.
If your looking for a house let me know, my realtor works wonders :bananafu: :2fingers
If your realtor deals with rentals let me know. Not ready to buy yet.

And...does anyone know the laws with turn signals. There's an all or none law in VA and mine aren't on right now. Is it illegal to ride without them in WI???

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
specialK said:
If your realtor deals with rentals let me know. Not ready to buy yet.

And...does anyone know the laws with turn signals. There's an all or none law in VA and mine aren't on right now. Is it illegal to ride without them in WI???
I don't think so.....most harleys dont have them....

Cj

·
Registered
348 Posts
sexNstillettos said:
I don't think so.....most harleys dont have them....

Cj
I disagree- most Harleys do have them- very few I see don't. Anyway I'm not sure on the law- regardless you have to signal somehow and without turn signals you have to use hand signals.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Agreed. Most Harley's do, mine does. Everyone I ride with does.

I believe that as far as lights go you are only required a headlight and working rear(brake lights)

Turn signals, as stated..can be used with hands as well. But dont quote me on that.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks everyone, I'm home and my poor bike is stuck in the back of the truck and very dirty. Have to wait till I have some muscle to help me get her out. Hope to meet you all soon!!!

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Looks like you brought great weather with you

·
Registered
158 Posts
SpecialK I live near you and have a little hill area a couple blocks from my house that is perfect for dropping a tailgate and backing into for unloading bikes. I'd be glad to help you out. If you can handle 1/2 the bike we should not need any extra people. I should have a board in my garage for a ramp between the tailgate and grass.

·
Registered
832 Posts
:twofinger Welcome :twofinger not to sure about the blinker thing all I know is if it's shinny and it might help someone notice me so they don't hit me I'm all for them.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts