Sport Bikes banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The warm weather attracts squids. I was riding on Sunday and the number of squids on the road is unbelievable.

Probably a week or two back (before the snow hit), I was riding to class. I usually keep on the left side of the lane coz that's where I'm comfortable with. I was on a 2 lane road, with a middle lane for turning.

I was 30 seconds from turning right when this squid on a sport bike comes rolling on the RIGHT of me, in the same lane. I was doing 35mph in 30mph and he was doing probably 3 mph more than me. I looked at him and he did a 2 finger wave at me. I didn't even notice him rolling up from behind me. If I had signalled and made that turn without looking, we both would have been toast. I just nodded and slowed down.

I could have just smacked his head for pulling stupid shit like that.

The warm weather attracts squids.

·
BIRDMAN
2,559 Posts
Had a squidy encounter yesterday too leaving school. Waiting at a 2 lane left behind a car in each lane and this fresh fish in a long sleeve T shirt on a brand new 600rr rolls up past me to get to the front between the cars. One car was a rice rocket the other a ganster Yukon, so not cars or drivers that would just let you go first, and he proceeds to take off slow and get passed by both cars on each side and falls back to join me. Now I've done that sort of thing, going to the front, but I make sure I clear off fast so I'm not in the car danger zone. I followed behind him for a while and it was clear this guy had no skills, catching his feet on the pegs, clunking shifts, turning real real slow, all over the road....I could tell he didn't like having me behind him so I split. All I could think was that cbr's life will be a short one.

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
I only share a lane with people I know. I never roll up and share space with a stranger, and certainly never pass in the same lane if I don't know who I'm riding with.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
+1 ^^^

i normally wont ride right next to anyone even if i know them, thats why they suggest staggered riding positions. you both coulda been in some trouble if you made that lane change....

·
Registered
569 Posts
ive noticed some strange 'squid' behavior in my town lately too...

when i first came to this campus in '05, there was just a handful of sport bikes....less than 5...now they have just exploded...we have 25+ now on campus...there are a ton of GSXRs, all of them being at least '05 models...there is a couple hayabusas, couple SVs, good amount of ZX6Rs and like 2 CBRs...but anyways, the weather has been pretty good for riding for the past 4-6 weeks or so with the exception of last week when it was rainy all week and in the 40s and 50s...

I take my bike out at least every other day, and if its in the 70s all week, i ride some back roads once a day...go hit some twisties and always trying to find new roads...but everytime i go out, I NEVER see any of these other guys...ive been out many different times of the day and never have seen any of them...

then in the last couple weeks I discovered why i dont see any of these guys...everytime i go to the grocery store, movies, bank, anywhere in town, in my truck, I see about 6-8 when i drive across town and back...ive figured out that all these guys do is ride through town...our town is just a 5 lane road, middle lane for turning and 2 lanes on each side...speed limit is like 35 all through town...and i swear, ive had my window open alot lately, and one kid that just got an F4i, just makes circles around campus...i hear him go by about 5-6 times a day?!?! wtf?:squid :squid

why do these guys just drive all over town and not get out and do some twisties? riding through town sucks...i have just 2 buddies who i ride with and they are always too busy to go, so i wanted to try to make some new riding buddies, but all these guys wanna do is go 50mph+ through town in the 35 mph zone...

·
Skid Mark
1,294 Posts
i was riding on the left side of my lane on a two lane road one day (one of the first days on my bike after i bought it) and a harley-squid passed me on the right side of my lane. he had a chick on the back and a large american flag mounted to the back of the sissy bar. i was quite angry, but didn't posess the skill to chase him down and slap him in the back of the head...

s3aturnr

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My only thought when that happen was this guy was inexperienced, impatient and putting both our lives in danger. It's going to be another 70F day, another day of squid watching.

·
Shitbike
9,822 Posts
dwalker4907 said:
ive noticed some strange 'squid' behavior in my town lately too...

when i first came to this campus in '05, there was just a handful of sport bikes....less than 5...now they have just exploded...we have 25+ now on campus...there are a ton of GSXRs, all of them being at least '05 models...there is a couple hayabusas, couple SVs, good amount of ZX6Rs and like 2 CBRs...but anyways, the weather has been pretty good for riding for the past 4-6 weeks or so with the exception of last week when it was rainy all week and in the 40s and 50s...

I take my bike out at least every other day, and if its in the 70s all week, i ride some back roads once a day...go hit some twisties and always trying to find new roads...but everytime i go out, I NEVER see any of these other guys...ive been out many different times of the day and never have seen any of them...

then in the last couple weeks I discovered why i dont see any of these guys...everytime i go to the grocery store, movies, bank, anywhere in town, in my truck, I see about 6-8 when i drive across town and back...ive figured out that all these guys do is ride through town...our town is just a 5 lane road, middle lane for turning and 2 lanes on each side...speed limit is like 35 all through town...and i swear, ive had my window open alot lately, and one kid that just got an F4i, just makes circles around campus...i hear him go by about 5-6 times a day?!?! wtf?:squid :squid

why do these guys just drive all over town and not get out and do some twisties? riding through town sucks...i have just 2 buddies who i ride with and they are always too busy to go, so i wanted to try to make some new riding buddies, but all these guys wanna do is go 50mph+ through town in the 35 mph zone...
We have some idiot here that rides around on a stretched ZX14 with no helmet -

on his cell phone.

:brick

1 - 9 of 9 Posts