Sport Bikes banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
what is the trick to getting your bike to pop a wheel if it is a 600 or lower. I have a 600 and I seen videos where they say all you have to do is pick up speed real quick and your bike will automatically pick up front wheel. My response is sh****t. not on my 600 maybe a 750 and up but no look in that department for me. Is it possible that I have to pop the clutch to do so or do I need way more practice?

·
CCS# 616
915 Posts
u gotta slow down to about 5 mph, put it in first gear, put in the clutch, redline the engine then let out the clutch

·
Spiffy...
2,345 Posts
u gotta slow down to about 5 mph, put it in first gear, put in the clutch, redline the engine then let out the clutch
Don't do that, might end up looping if you dump the clutch too fast. Look up some videos on youtube if you really want to learn. Most of the time you just hit the gas hard at the right speed in first or second gear. Find a parking lot that's big and empty to practice.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I was just joking man lol...
even if you were I have already tried that and my bike just wont do it. I have fallen off a ninja a long time ago and that is exactly what I did. However I was able to bring it back down and wobble into a full crash while avoiding the house that I was heading for.

·
Registered
15,272 Posts
what is the trick to getting your bike to pop a wheel if it is a 600 or lower. I have a 600 and I seen videos where they say all you have to do is pick up speed real quick and your bike will automatically pick up front wheel. My response is sh****t. not on my 600 maybe a 750 and up but no look in that department for me. Is it possible that I have to pop the clutch to do so or do I need way more practice?

1st gear. Clutch out. Accelerate to about 50 mph, cut throttle

coast down to about 30 mph, give it full throttle

Front end should pick right up

Back in the day my 1979 CB650 could easily do this, so I know your bike can

·
Registered
2 Posts
this thread doesnt look active anymore but i need help with wheelies. Ive watched all the youtube vids and I can get my tire up but am not able to chase it. Some vidoes said blipping the clutch and revving up to 8000rpm's would pop the front up but that didnt work for me. I rev it up to about 12 before letting the clutch go. I am riding a completely stock 2009 R6, what can i do better?

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Try only revving up to 9 or 10 and feed the clutch out faster. If its coming up so fast you're uncomfortable its going to be hard to find the balance point, which is the only way to ride it out. If its coming down so fast that its slamming and you're getting headshake, stop chopping the throttle. Keep your right foot on the rear brake in case it gets too high

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,789 Posts
My ZZR 600 would power wheelie even in 2nd, so they will do it, however as was mentioned, you're typically going quite fast at that point. I've only accidentally clutched up on my Z, but after seeing a few of the vids on here I might give it a try next time out for a ride. :)

21 - 35 of 35 Posts