Sport Bikes banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

This is my first post on sbn. Been lurking awhile now. :headbang

I'm 22 years old and just recently got my first bike, a 91' Honda CBR 600 F2, it only had 18,000 miles on it! The seller took me on a ride, on the back. Was kind of gay with two guys riding together. But since I don't have my m1 license yet had no other choice. It runs really smoothly. It was funny he was in a helmet, t shirt, and shorts and I was in full gear (except had jeans on.)
Couldn't even imagine riding with no gear on, regardless of temperture.

I am currently half way through my MSF course and should have my license by the 1st of August. Like I said, I already have all my gear:
Helmet: Shoei X-eleven (Ukawa red)
Jacket: Alpinestars S-MX Air-Flow (Black)
Pants: Alpinestars Textile Air-Flow w/soft armor
Gloves: Alpinestars SP-2
Boots: Alpinestars GPS-3

I tried to spare no expense on gear. Well, I'm looking forward to motorcycling and being apart of this community. Just wanted to say hi to everyone, and thank you for all of the info! :headbang

Any thoughts on what I should first have done first to my bike besides new tires and oil change?

·
Registered
605 Posts
get a fender eliminator kit...it cleans up the rear end and makes it look real nice

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
If you were sparing no expense on gear, why get textile pants? The leather SMX-Airflo is a VERY nice jacket, I don't see why you would get that and textile pants. Anyways, good luck on the bike, respect the hell out of it (DON'T FEAR IT). Take it slow learning, you have made the choice to get a 600cc sport bike as your first, you have given yourself a b***** learning curve than a 500 or 250, so be careful. TAKE YOUR TIME. Good luck! (get some leather pants too)

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
Smart move,putting the gear first.I think you'll be alright.

Welcome to the site and the world of bikes.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
firefighter81 said:
If you were sparing no expense on gear, why get textile pants? The leather SMX-Airflo is a VERY nice jacket, I don't see why you would get that and textile pants. Anyways, good luck on the bike, respect the hell out of it (DON'T FEAR IT). Take it slow learning, you have made the choice to get a 600cc sport bike as your first, you have given yourself a b***** learning curve than a 500 or 250, so be careful. TAKE YOUR TIME. Good luck! (get some leather pants too)
I TRIED to spare no expense, but the reality is that I was still on a budget. I just tried to put the majority of my funds on my helmet and jacket. As for bike choice, I would have loved to find a nice 500r in my area that wasn't purple and marked up $900 over nada pricing. Those bike sure do hold their value well. The F2 worked out because the guy was in my area and it was in really good condition for being 13 years old. No financing just straight up cash transaction and it was mine. Both parties were pleased.

Thanks you for your comments Firefighter, I have read some of yours posts before and you seem very knowledgable. Gonna take it nice and easy to start out with. :)

·
Super Moderator
18,633 Posts
Welcome :twofinger

And nice bike...I just sold my wifes a few months ago...What a mistake that was :(...That bike was/is awesome...

Attachments

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
congrats. be safe. welcome :twofinger

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
congrat's on the new bike.

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
Congrats!!!!!!!! Good going on getting all your gear too!! Smart decision. You will have a blast...just make sure to practice, practice in that empty parking lot :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts