Sport Bikes banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most of you remember my thread about getting hit by the guy on the ferry.

Well, I just got the estimate back from the dealer and it came out to over $1700!

That is almost totalled, hell, I barely paid that for the bike.

Anyway, a simple knockover caused that much cosmetic damage, it wasn't even moving.

So the saga is about to end. It is stupid that I had to fight this hard to get my bike fixed when I didn't even do anything. I guess that's life.
 

·
Light it up! Light it up!
Joined
·
1,459 Posts
yeah, i remember that thread. that is a crazy amount of damage for a knock-over. got full coverage? would you be happier if it was totalled? if it is really that close it probably wouldn't take much to push it over the edge.

Spektrum-SA1 said:
So the saga is about to end. It is stupid that I had to fight this hard to get my bike fixed when I didn't even do anything. I guess that's life.
tell me about it. nothing gets done in my life unless I'm pushing it in the back. It surprises me more when things go the way they should without my help. :lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
163 Posts
Fixing these suckers can get expensive real quick. I think it has to do with the virtual monopoly the dealers have over availability of parts and labor.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
264 Posts
You need to search eBay and other sites for parts and put that thing together yourself. If its cosmetic like you say, its just replacing parts and maybe a bracket here or there. Keep your money, do it yourself and then you'll be more familiar with your bike.
 

·
loner
Joined
·
201 Posts
Houston_Rider said:
You need to search eBay and other sites for parts and put that thing together yourself. If its cosmetic like you say, its just replacing parts and maybe a bracket here or there. Keep your money, do it yourself and then you'll be more familiar with your bike.
fuck that... his insurance is footing the bill. get'em for all they're worth. if not for their client's negligence, you wouldn't have had to do a thing.
 

·
No limit hypocrite
Joined
·
1,695 Posts
Repair your bike yourself... There are about 20 vendors listed in the back of any motorcycle magazine, and their prices for fairings, ect are half of dealership prices.. Repair it yourself, keep the rest of the money.. Sell the old bike, and use that money, plus the extra you saved, and buy a NEW one!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
^^^^ That's definitely an option.

Does the insurance company write me the check? or the cycle shop the check?

I haven't approved any repairs yet, just the estimate.
 

·
No limit hypocrite
Joined
·
1,695 Posts
Spektrum-SA1 said:
^^^^ That's definitely an option.

Does the insurance company write me the check? or the cycle shop the check?

I haven't approved any repairs yet, just the estimate.
The insurance companies are required to write the check directly to you if you request it.
Also, you are allowed to get an estimate from any facility you want, and choose the estimate you want paid.. within reason. This means that you can choose the highest estimate you can find, and repair it at the lowest cost you can find.. This is borderline Insurance Fraud, but I have never been called on it, or ever heard of anyone getting in trouble either.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
787 Posts
That's not even close to mine. Mine came out to 4800$ and they didn't even total the bike. My neighboor hit my bike in the driveway with her car. She backed into the left side and knocked it over to the right. All the plastics, pipes, engine cover and paint and shop labor totalled 4800$. I couldn't believe it. But they cut me out a check on the spot. I remembered to thank my neighboor after I went crazy on her. She is still scared of me til this day.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top