Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my 500 last night. It's my first sport bike, though not my first bike.

It's a 2002, with only 500 miles... not even broken in yet. The guy bought it for his wife, but she didn't like riding it, so it was basically just taking up space in his garage. I traded him my GS450 + $2.5k, so around $3k altogether... not bad for a nearly new bike, no?

Rode it around today running errands. Kinda rough under 3k, but smooths out nicely above that. Nice power (though no match for the 600's obviously). It's a neat bike... I think I'll like it.

·
Registered
981 Posts
yeah, u cant really get anything under 3k...it likes to bog under that rpm.
congrats, $3k sounds like a sweet deal for a 500 in that new of condition.

·
Registered
584 Posts
congrats ona sweet purchase. Welcome to the family :) You'll really enjoy riding it

·
Banned
1,553 Posts
Congrats bro....these little bikes are awesome! I love mine, even if it isn't the fastest thing in the world. It's as fast as I need it to be. And you know I discovered a trick to these things....if you REALLY want to love your bike...take it out for about 20 minutes. Take a few corners...nothing crazy or dangerous...but hold the revs up nice and tight...then as you exit, roll on it hard. Coming out of a turn in 2nd gear at around 7000 or 8000 rpms....ohhh man, lemme tell you...that's fun. It'll bring your appreciation for what the bike can truly do way up. :headbang

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
HalfLiterBeater said:
Take a few corners...nothing crazy or dangerous...but hold the revs up nice and tight...then as you exit, roll on it hard. Coming out of a turn in 2nd gear at around 7000 or 8000 rpms....ohhh man, lemme tell you...that's fun.
Heh... still in the second stage of the break-in (500-1000 miles), so I'm not supposed to rev above 6k. That's not to say that I haven't bent the rules a few times :devil. But I'm really trying hard to keep the hooliganism to a minimum until I break 1k.

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
Congrats on the bike break it in right so you have a long engin life. Be safe and welcome to the family.

·
Registered
32 Posts
well it's nice to see there's already a forum for new bikes. i just got my 500 today! i'm so excited!!! i don't have insurance yet, so i've only had one short ride, but man is this bike great (it was a used 04 with 874 miles on it)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts