Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Steve and Lakeland looked good in their brief appearances :dblthumb

Overall, I thought the show was pretty good...It didn't make the sportbike community look bad at all...I can't believe how serious Kyle was, though...We all know he's a goofball :twofinger

·
UH OH
415 Posts
I thought it was pretty good, sucks for the dude who lost his finger. Ouch!

·
From back in da' day
2,777 Posts
son of a bitch....i missed it...is it gonna repeat or did someone tape it?

·
how bout dem deadskins
3,235 Posts
when is it going to repeat, i just got the end of it & did see the dude that lost the fingers 1 down 9 to go.. haha freak!

·
Registered
894 Posts
Damnit Jon! I remember when Eric posted that back in May and I never saw it on TV. Somebody better find out when it's going to re-air!

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I thought it was a good show as well, but I really think they should have named it "I'm a Stunter" not "I Live to Ride". I live to ride but I don't live to stunt like the show implied.

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
I thought it was pretty neat, showed the drama and what goes on when they're not riding. Steve was looking good, they showed quite a few 2 up clips of him, the sickest truck clip of him rocked.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Thanks to wifey #1 for the showtimes. These MAY not be in Eastern Times so look ahead.

Fri 08/20

12:00 PM

Sat 08/21

6:00 PM

Sun 08/22

9:00 PM

Mon 08/23

Thu 08/26

8:00 PM

Sat 08/28

Thu 09/02

5:00 PM

Thu 09/02

Thu 09/02

·
3 cyl r bttr thn 4
2,470 Posts
I thought the show was pretty cool overall.
I too was suprised that Kyle wasnt his usual crazy self, that dude Tony seemed a lil like a prick.

What about how some peeps from XXX left and went to another team. That seemed shitty to do but oh well.

Overall wasnt bad though, wished we could've seen some mo local groups though.

·
______ETA B4U______
1,990 Posts
I liked it. I never knew those guys took it that serious. Going to the gym and all that. They can do some crazy stuff on bikes that's for sure. Maybe after that X-Games will pick up the sport.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Thanks for posting the times unfortunantely I caught the last half hour but from what I saw it was pretty cool. They are very serious about that sport but its just like any thing you work hard to be the best.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Damn....I can't believe half of you aren't saying how bad this was for the riding community..blah...blah...blah. Like all of you, I thought it was well presented in the short time frame that it had. My hats go off to Drew Stone for directing it and to the teams/riders involved.

For those of you that have missed it and don't want to see the commercials check out this link (Righ Click and Save Target As): http://www.sonicjay.com/video/mtv.wmv

·
Registered
81 Posts
I chill with Evasive actions and to be honest that show sucked my nuts, it was about the drama they live and now the lifestyle of stunting no one wnats to hear the bull shit that they live we all have problems sooner or later and the way they talked trash about other stunters and riders is not cool to me it was to be a ass about things and not to show the respect for the sport or the fun you have doing it. I lost respect for some of the riders that they featured! The are about the money and not the love of the riding and the sport. So next time they have a show like that they need to do a show on Evasive or redline xtreme or someone who rides for fun and not money!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Spidey750 said:
The are about the money and not the love of the riding and the sport. So next time they have a show like that they need to do a show on Evasive or redline xtreme or someone who rides for fun and not money!
Everyone tries to make money off their stunting, unless they are selling their T-shirts and DVDS at cost, i'll shut up :)

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
They are about the money b/c thats all they do for a living, makes sense right?! I think its great they showed what goes on behind the scenes it really shows how draining that sport can be on relationships and how stressful it is. When I see these guys at stunt shows I always think about how easy it must be to do that everyday, but its not. If they just rode for fun they'd be homeless and bikeless. I respect how hard they work and so should you.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Spidey750 said:
I chill with Evasive actions and to be honest that show sucked my nuts, it was about the drama they live and now the lifestyle of stunting no one wnats to hear the bull shit that they live we all have problems sooner or later and the way they talked trash about other stunters and riders is not cool to me it was to be a ass about things and not to show the respect for the sport or the fun you have doing it. I lost respect for some of the riders that they featured! The are about the money and not the love of the riding and the sport. So next time they have a show like that they need to do a show on Evasive or redline xtreme or someone who rides for fun and not money!
Too be honest if the drama wasn't in there MTV would have probably not aired it. What brings ratings to network television....DRAMA. The show was called TRUE LIFE for a reason and Drama in a team is as true as it gets. Sure they could have sugar coated things, but I think that would have made it boring and pretty much your typical stunt video. This allowed your typical viewer to see what actually takes place amongst various teams instead of just showing your basic stunts.

I appreciate the props with mentioning our team, but just like Evasive we sell shirts and DVDs to help make money to pay for broken parts, travel expenses, etc. We just realize that it's still for fun and not going to make a living off of it anytime soon.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I understand what your all saying but think about it they don't ride bikes for a living they work normal jobs and goignt o pass up a million dollar business for the love of a sport thats crazy when you own a business that does that good you have time to ride bikes and screw around on them cause you pay people to work for you. I understand about the shirts and dvd's but its not how you servive.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts