·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
Congrats on passing :twofinger

Now go get a bike and go ride!!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Congrats! I just passed yesterday. :cheers It's a ton of fun and also a big challenge if you're new to bikes.

Mike

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
congrat's on passing the class, sounds like you had a good time.

·
Combat Marshmellow
13,132 Posts
:dblthumb - now go get a liter bike and tear up the streets.....

j/k :neener

·
Registered
968 Posts
The fun is just starting.....Congrats.

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
20,852 Posts
Congrats!!! Grab a bike and give it hell!! But stay safe!!

·
Registered
93 Posts
I did my MSF a couple of weeks ago with my dad. There was only 5 people in my class and we all passed. I scored a 1 on my test and my dad got like a 7 or something. I had a great time. I couldnt amagine it with 40 people though I bet it would be fun.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the classroom had 40 people, but on the range we got split into 3 groups. my dad really wanted to do the class with me but i told him I didn't want to do it with him for fear i wouldn't be able to focus with the ridercoaches instructions along with his own, though I now regret it because we never spend time together and most of the people there were older anyways...oh well.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Congrats. I'm doing an evening class right now. 2 days done, 2 to go. We did the figure 8 tonight for the first time. I didn't exactly tear it up. :rolleyes

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
dijon...im no expert, but let me tell you how I did the figure 8.

i took it slow...really slow lol. totally overexaggerate the look of the head, our rider coaches were great and actually got in the box and waved us to their attention to make sure we looked, not sure if yours did. if you go slow like i did, you have to press like hell, but then also make sure you counterbalance and keep your body completely upright or else you might drop it.

good luck!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Thanks emilio, the looking is what got me. I did the first loop just fine and didn't look at the next corner sharp enough and poked the front wheel over the boundary - 3 pts. Oh well. They're the only three I got on the test.

The best thing about the Figure 8 for me is the practice on looking where you want to go and then realizing that the bike will follow your eyes.

·
Registered
285 Posts
If you have a Nighthawk, don't be afraid to go full lock. I'm not sure if the other bikes can do it or not, but I hit full lock on both turns and didn't even need all the space in the box. Also, counterbalance and look comfortably ahead. I'm not trying to brag or anything, but that's what worked for me.

Most of the other people just made a big figure 8 somewhere near the box and got around 3 points deducted. That's the easy way out if you just can't get it down or feel like you're going to drop it on every try. :)

Mike

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
dijon said:
Thanks emilio, the looking is what got me. I did the first loop just fine and didn't look at the next corner sharp enough and poked the front wheel over the boundary - 3 pts. Oh well. They're the only three I got on the test.

The best thing about the Figure 8 for me is the practice on looking where you want to go and then realizing that the bike will follow your eyes.

yes, looking is important, but remember not to look for too long when checking your blindspot because then the bike might swerve!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts