Sport Bikes banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyway, weather was SHITTY today! My first time at Daytona and I got to work TURN 3. I didn't know what was in store for me, that's for sure! Track was WET. Riders were flying off that corner like it was their job! I probably picked up over 20 bikes. Coming in was slick, mid-turn was slick, exiting was slick. I had my camera and was all ready to take some great shots but that never happened because we were too busy.

One guy high-sided and hit pretty hard. He was put on a stretcher and the ambulance took him away. I rolled his 99 Suzuki off the track. Someone asked if it was Jeff May. I don't know but it was an older Suzuki. I thought Jeff May had a newer one.

Another guy was coming into 3 and was ALL rear brake - lowsided bigtime. I picked up his bike and there was no front brake lever. He lost it somewhere BEFORE getting to 3 and didn't even know it was missing.

Another guy went straight into the hay bales on 3. Before I could get there he tried to get it out himself and the bike fell over on top of him. He got pissed and punched his front cowl and broke it.

It was definitely an experience today! Turn 3 is the place to be. Plus they give the cornerworkers free food :cheers

I'll post the few pics I have in a bit...

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BBarnes719 said:
i just went to daytona for the day, and participated in some of the "bike week" festivities....
this is one time i was glad i trailered over concidering the weather went to pot around noon...and it has rained ever sence erg!!
overall a good safe trip
i love riding but damn i wish i would've trucked the bike over today. it was miserable riding back!

·
It's me
3,066 Posts
Yeah, and it is still raining here. Even though the announcers said the rain was supposed to clear up in an hour and dry out. I'd post the pics I have, but the computer I am on is on an 26k dial up connection so it would take me forever. That and my bag with the camera is at the marina, forgot it there with the bike (locked in the shop). I'm going back out tomorrow to hopefully get a lot more pics.

Fred, Jeff Mays was in the last big race that the BMW ended up winning because Jeff was railing it too hard when it strted raining. He's one of the riders involved in the three bike crash at turn 10 that made most other riders decide to hang there hat for the day.

Ron

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ronrdrcr said:
Fred, Jeff Mays was in the last big race that the BMW ended up winning because Jeff was railing it too hard when it strted raining. He's one of the riders involved in the three bike crash at turn 10 that made most other riders decide to hang there hat for the day.

Ron
okay that makes sense. i didn't think that was him. but yeah Mays does ride HARD though... fun to watch!

·
They call me a ride whore
1,387 Posts
Damn sounds like it was quite a race! Guess you had your work cut out for you, huh Fred? hahahah Glad you had a good time though!

Wish I could have come up to watch.... friggin work, getting in the way of my fun once again :angry :urowned

·
Registered
84 Posts
Damn I wanted to go so bad. No work nothing to do and I am stuck in Lakeland. I will be there this week I promise that.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
now for some pics...

the horseshoe...

one of the slowest riders out there... lol

Duc 1098 "S" for sale - $24,000

think that's B.E.T's ride...

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
675 with side pipe. think i like the factory undertail spot better.

the "Tail Gunner" pipe. it spins like a real gun! wanted to hear it so he started it up... LOUD.

·
Back In The Saddle
41 Posts
Great pics Fred...

Work permitting, I hope to get out to Daytona next week and catch the 200. Hopefully, the weather will accomadate.

·
Yes I'm a FIB
2,139 Posts
Nice pics Fred!!
I hate you guys in Florida at this time of year. Always talking about riding and all us up here in the frozen tundra of the midwest keep talking about is whether or not the temperature is going to get above freezing the next day!!:eek:nfloor
Anyway, thanx for the pics, I've got another 1 1/2 mos. before it thaws out enough to go riding.:banana

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
^^ that's why you gotta pick your vacation for this time of year and head down here... lol! :banana

·
3 cyl r bttr thn 4
2,470 Posts
CBR04; yup, thats me. I was lookin at the red 675 with the zard pipe. Dont really like it but it had some other little trick fgoodies on her as well. Also had some big strips too lol.

I had a good time out there today. Got ta see some of my homies race and see some other kats I havent seen in some time. Gona be headin over there thursday and saturday probably gona drive over with the wifey. It sucks riding over there by yourself.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
B.E.T. said:
CBR04; yup, thats me. I was lookin at the red 675 with the zard pipe. Dont really like it but it had some other little trick fgoodies on her as well. Also had some big strips too lol.

I had a good time out there today. Got ta see some of my homies race and see some other kats I havent seen in some time. Gona be headin over there thursday and saturday probably gona drive over with the wifey. It sucks riding over there by yourself.
Hay Eric me and moto Dave will be there thursday...Will see you then:cheers

·
Registered
20 Posts
We ran into two guys that biked down from Minnesota, that's ballzie! After seeing all that chrome running around, one might believe our economy ain't all that bad off.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Just got back tonight from the races and those guys are unbelievable. I was a corner watcher in turn six. Those guys come out of turn five so hard and with so much torque I can,t believe the frames don,t brake. I have to say they ran a pretty clean race, hardly any wrecks.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts