Sport Bikes banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Deutsche Rüstungsteilung
14,312 Posts
My R1200ST has stock pipes and is EXTREMELY quiet. I want to get after market for some sound, but also because the enormous exhaust can blocks most of the single sided swing arm.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
I tested a Vulcan 900 something something and I would have LOVED to have that bike as just a city cruiser. I was terrified when I took it on the freeway and swore to Jesus that if I lived, I would never take it on it again! But in the city, it was fun as hell!

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,896 Posts
Not only that, but they have a LOT to gain by doing an ECU flash. I had ECUnleashed do mine, and its a completely different bike. Very smooth, and very strong throughout the rev range. And I got rid of a ton of the heat with the catless midpipe. Its a shame these bikes come so restricted from the factory, because it really is something after just a few tweaks.
"Restricted"? That's an understatement! Why on earth they decided to limit the throttle to 80%?

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,896 Posts
Back on the original subject... I HATE loud bikes with passion.

My biggest gripe with OEM mufflers is how ridiculously expensive they are! For example, each of the SV1000 mufflers, each one, is $850!! For the price of a SINGLE muffler, it has two, I can get a M4 2 into 1 full system with CF muffler and I'd have $100 to spare...

·
After Me Lucky Charms
5,281 Posts
I am in similar fashion as serpentracer. I prefer aftermarket exhaust, but not obnoxiously loud.

But I have to say, my Arrow was "made" for my Daytona (literally), it needs it. I have to unleash my trumpet.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Im torn... On one hand I want a loud exhaust for the sv, on the other hand I REALLY don't need to draw any attention to myself given my daily riding style. Stealth is my friend. Decisions, decisions.

·
Cheap Bastid
6,366 Posts
Loud pipes save lives.

My friend's dad's uncle's cousin twice removed knows a guy who's bookie dated this hooker whose ex boyfriend was in a horrible accident and lost all of his limbs... Now we call him Bob cuz he likes chillin in the pool... Anyway, the EMTs, nurses, doctors & sergeons all said he would have been killed if it weren't for his loud pipes.

True story.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts