Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got a '94 ninja 600c. got it for only $1500...runs perfectly, but it needs restoration cosmetically such as paint, mirrors, and other small cheap things

anyways- ive had trouble finding too many parts. im going tomorrow to buy the service manual, however some retarded questions- is the ZX6C the same as the ZX600C (yes, very retarded...just wondering cuz ive seen it referred to as both)? also, what years of parts can i use? mainly i need a new right front upper fairing, front fairing frame (i believe thats what its called...its that one that holds the headlight), a new lock mechanism, and some other small parts. right now on ebay some guys parting out a '91 ZX600c and the parts look almost exactly the same...just wonderin if theyll all work generally on a 94.

im tryin to stick to ebay btw for these parts from parted out bikes...much cheaper than buying it OEM from a dealer or any of those OEM sites...however i was wondering if anyoen knew of any of those OEM sites or wherever i can get parts for this bike

also- i think one of the only expensive parts will be the exhaust- it was an aftermarket one thats ALL rusted up and i dont even think its a real muffler but just a sound baffler...its VERY VERY loud...i mean i like loud bikes, but this one is LOUD. how much am i looking to spend on a nice exhaust system thats nice and smooth?

sorry for the many questions for bein new...just tryin to be as clear as possible and put it all into one post to keep from makin alot :)

·
Registered
93 Posts
well im kind of in the same spot. I just bout a 94 ZX6 to that needs some stuff done to it.

As far as parts go i don't think most parts from the 91 will fit it. They changed the model in 93 and and i think it went to 97.

·
Registered
17 Posts
You guys should try www. buykawasaki.com . It has part numbers and part drawings for all kawasakis made( i think). Good site that one. Even ron ayers (sp?) has a section with this same feature. i followed it thru a link on another site.

hope that helps.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Forgot to add, You should check part numbers between different years and see if their the same. That ways you'll know if different years had different parts.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Magic8 said:
well im kind of in the same spot. I just bout a 94 ZX6 to that needs some stuff done to it.

As far as parts go i don't think most parts from the 91 will fit it. They changed the model in 93 and and i think it went to 97.
The ZX6E, or ZZR600 as marketed outside of the US & CANADA, are the same from 1994 to 2003 (1993 D/E is 90% interchangable).

Hope This Helps?

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Zoo said:
Forgot to add, You should check part numbers between different years and see if their the same. That ways you'll know if different years had different parts.
Be advised, some parts can be the same even with different part #'s. The difference in # may be due to the change in materiels used, out sourced manufacturers, etc..

Good .02 cents

·
Registered
4 Posts
The Parts from the 91 will work. the bike was the same from 1988 thru 1997. I have
an 88, and have gotten several parts from early to mid 90's bikes. Good luck on the
exhaust, there are only a few companies that even market them anymore. I found
a fairly good 4 into 1 system at a salvage yard and then got a slip on designed for a mid 90's zx-6, fits well, and sounds good.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the replies...sorry i got back to the thread late...sorta forgot bout it :)

anyways, a day after i made this thread i searched around the internet and got all my questions answered-
my bike is a ZX6C7...also known as a ZX600R...and ninja 600R...whereas the ZX6E is the ZX6R...very confusing at first :)

anyways, i found the buykawasaki site and i use it all the time for when i need to compare parts on ebay from the older kawis...basically EVERYTHING 88 and up is the same except the electrical system and gauges ...VERY slight difference in electrical system only cuz its different gauges...the gauges changed in 92 to the square design. also, the front fairing is a single piece in the 80s and is 3 seperate pieces starting in the late 80s (right, left, and right under the headlight). i just realized im missing my center piece on my front fairing! lol...im so pissed tho cuz there was one on ebay that i lost at the last minute by $.50...$10.50!!!!!!! brand new from ronayers its $150! blech..oh well, therell be more on ebay...parted out bikes are always one ebay

my subframe is on the way...got one from an 89 600r for $20...also got a wiring harness from a 95 600r for $10

NOW- my only question left is will flushmount turn signals listed as "fits any year ninja" actually fit cleanly and "flushly" on my fairings? i have some crappy ones that the previous owner has one that arent fitting in flush in any way and arent even for the bike and are butt ugly...instead of paying bout $40/light from kawi, i wanna go aftermarket and get a cleaner design...and they got black ones with a smoked lense...itll go well with my jet black paint im gunna paint the bike :) ...but yah- will they fit??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts