Sport Bikes banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I just got a F4. I also have a katana ( no comments needed :p ). Anyway I test drove the F4 before buying it, but never got on the throttle real hard. Now that it is mine, I am ready to really ride the bike. Well, in first gear, right when I start off, if I wack the throttle, there seems to be a brief hesitation. Now I have never driven any other CBRs, but I am assuming this is not normal. If I give it a steady, but good amount of throttle, there doesn't seem to be that hesitation. Any ideas what this could be?

Mike

·
Registered
80 Posts
mmaniaci said:
Hello. I just got a F4. I also have a katana ( no comments needed :p ). Anyway I test drove the F4 before buying it, but never got on the throttle real hard. Now that it is mine, I am ready to really ride the bike. Well, in first gear, right when I start off, if I wack the throttle, there seems to be a brief hesitation. Now I have never driven any other CBRs, but I am assuming this is not normal. If I give it a steady, but good amount of throttle, there doesn't seem to be that hesitation. Any ideas what this could be?

Mike
I had the same problem, but this weekend i replaced my CCT and it seemed to go away. I don't know if its a mental thing at this point, but i don't feel that hesitation anymore

·
Banned
1,003 Posts
mmaniaci said:
Now I have never driven any other CBRs, but I am assuming this is not normal.
Actually, it's completely normal and it is by design. Honda actually has a patent on that delayed throttle response and tote it as part of what makes their bikes "user friendly". The delay is indicative to all Hondas, at least in their sportbike line of products. You can minimize and practically remove the programmed delay by purchasing a Dynojet PowerCommander.

Implementing a PowerCommander will all but remove the notice of the delay.

http://www.packetmonkey.net/gallery/pciiiusb

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
TheWraith said:
Actually, it's completely normal and it is by design. Honda actually has a patent on that delayed throttle response and tote it as part of what makes their bikes "user friendly". The delay is indicative to all Hondas, at least in their sportbike line of products. You can minimize and practically remove the programmed delay by purchasing a Dynojet PowerCommander.

Implementing a PowerCommander will all but remove the notice of the delay.

http://www.packetmonkey.net/gallery/pciiiusb
Even on a F4? I thought the powercommander was just for fuel injected bikes

·
Registered
55 Posts
dude do not listen to this people they do not sould like they know anithing about motorcycle mechanics. first thing you wan to do is check your fuel ilter change our spark plugs make sure the coils are all the way in and lock. maybe buy carb cleaner and spray it or take it to a shop where they can clean your jets in the carb. the cam tensioner is only change when you get a real bad noise that is anoying. make sure you use 93 octane fuel also if you follow all this steps the hesitation will go away. take it from a motorcycle mech. anyother ? email me.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I thought using anything other than manufacturer reccomended Octane fuel decreased performance?

·
Registered
15 Posts
forthelove said:
I thought using anything other than manufacturer reccomended Octane fuel decreased performance?
LMAO, ya thats what the race shop near me has told me many a times. Try runnin what the owners manual tells u, then try to bump up to 89, some bikes may run better with a higher octane fuel. 99 F4 Midgrade(89) fuel.
No hesitation, your jets maybe partially plugged, or plugs.

·
Registered
364 Posts
my mechanic told me it was from the carbs needing cleaning. my bikes currently in there getting them cleaned right now, so i know from exp.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts