Sport Bikes banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Im really new to this site. I was reading on here about a month ago about how important MSF was, so I signed up a while back and I actually finished the class today. Aced the written portion and got highest grade on driving portion w00t! The class was really fun and I learned a TON!

Oh I guess I should introduce myself. I am 20 years old going to WSU as a chemical engineering (Jr). I grew up in Spokane. I dont have a bike yet, but I am thinking about getting a used Suzuki sv650s. Is that a good start bike? I've read mixed reviews. I was going to go with a Kawasaki Ninja 500... but Im kinda tall (6'4" 148 lb) so I thought it would be small. Plus the Suzuki is SWEET looking!!! What do you guys think?

Well, thought Id say hi, and Im excited to learn a lot from this site.

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
CONGRATS, SV's are great 2nd bikes...........;)

·
Registered
548 Posts
whoops I thought you were asking if the SV is a good bike in general. Like racer X said, it's probably not the best to start on. If you wanted to be proper you'd start on that 500 you mentioned and work your way up.

But then again who am I to say what bike you should ride I started street riding with a SS600. I did have dirt experience prior though.

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
congrat's on the msf, the 500 would probably be a better starter bike, but the sv is not too bad.

·
Registered
361 Posts
i started on an SV650, great bike. I would recommend it to anybody that has amazing throttle control, if you don't I would avoid the bike like the plague.

·
Head Rooster
3,438 Posts
I'd go with an SV-650 if for no other reason that being able to customize the shit out of it. I've got a friend in Salem who has a 650 done up to look like an Italian bike (aka one small light in the middle of the front faring).

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
Aloha and Welcome to SBN :twofinger

dude, 6'4 and 148lbs?? Go eat man, you shouldn't be riding, eating

1 - 10 of 10 Posts