Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
There is a wonderful invention called the Internet.... I'm sure you can find a website that streams the races.

Sent from my DROIDX

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
I watched motogp on speed exactly once 3 years ago. I bought the motogp.com membership on the next day. If I was following wsbk, I'd do the same there (if available). Fuck this ad-polluted visual BS aka cable TV.

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
I like cable just because with my DVR everything I watch is ad free. I record what I want, watch it when it's on, and skip all the ads.

·
Are we not men?
9,013 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
The ONLY reason I keep paying for cable is so I can watch all my motorcycle racing.

If this happens, and the motorcycle racing is eliminated, I'll drop cable service for good and save about $1800/yr.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I saw this on Twitter this morning:

Greg White ‏@gregwhite

Folks, Uninformed and sensationalistic reports are surfacing about @SPEED and the future of motorcycle racing on TV. All is not lost. #relax

No details but maybe he's right.

·
Are we not men?
9,013 Posts
I saw this on Twitter this morning:

Greg White ‏@gregwhite

Folks, Uninformed and sensationalistic reports are surfacing about @SPEED and the future of motorcycle racing on TV. All is not lost. #relax

No details but maybe he's right.
I doubt he has a clue what is up. He didn't know Greg's Garage was history until the day they pulled the plug. He said there had been rumors floating around but was told there was nothing he should be worried about.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
I just hope if Fox turns Speed into a poor man's ESPN that they keep Ralph Sheheen.

·
Registered
355 Posts
sucks that we wont be able to get MotoGP on speed at 3am anymore. I've never been a huge fan of speed just for the plan fact that it is more 'nas-crap' than anything else. 95% of the time I truned on speed nascar is on. I think they should just split the show into two segments. Have one nascar and the other for everything else.

·
Are we not men?
9,013 Posts
Hey look at the bright side... you may never have to hear an idiotic american announcer say "LorenTHO" ever again!
Hey, he's repeatedly explained during broadcasts that he is correct in his pronunciation. What more does anyone want?

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
If you remember, when Fox bought Speed we all bitched that it was going to turn into the NASCRAP channel (which it did) and that motorcycle racing would go away, which didn't happen. NBC bought Versus a while back so this is just a trend that's happening right now. I'm not too worried because there's only so much sports to go around.

·
Live to ride
12,017 Posts
As a motorcycle racing fan, I am more worried about Dorna and the Monopoly they have of world championship racing. I still cling on to hope that they may sell a WSBK package like MOTOGP. but till then, there are a couple of websites that allow me to watch WSBK and BSB.

·
Registered
951 Posts
I'm not too worried because there's only so much sports to go around.
I don't take a lot of comfort in that personally. If there's not enough of a popular sport to go around, they'll just invent four or five more inane recap/commentary shows ABOUT that sport.

A quick look at Speed's lineup shows that, in addition to coverage of actual NASCAR races, there's also:
  • NASCAR RaceDay
  • NASCAR Race Hub
  • The 10 (NASCAR highlights)
  • NASCAR Live
  • NASCAR Performance
  • SPEED Center NASCAR Edition
  • NASCAR Victory Lane

I'm sure there's more.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts