Sport Bikes banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I passed the MSF and a week later bought a 1995 Kawaskai 250r Ninja. I decided to listen to reason and start small. A few months ago I tried my friends CBR900RR and scuffed up my leather, his bike and my pride. Now the wiser I am very happy. And my wife like the fit of the 250, so she is going to take the MSF in a few months! Sweet.

I'll post a picture in a few days. It is black with blue/purple stripes.

I look forward to discussing how I progress. Getting started up hill is tough right now, but I'm sure I'll get it. Going 90 in my car is nothing, but hitting 50 on my bike is a whole other ball game, at this point anyways.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Yup, the first time I was on a bike 25 down my neighborhood felt fast. It is a whole new feeling. Once you get used to it it won't be like that anymore.

·
Registered
486 Posts
glad to see you didn't start on a super sport, but I do hope you live around some back roads, not knocking the 250 but this is where they really fun and you'll not be starving for more power as quick if you get to go mess around in some twisties. And you'll be used to going 50mph or over in no time. Just remember everything you learned in the MSF course and be safe out there.

·
Registered
104 Posts
hey man, nice job.

good pick with the 250, it's a great bike to learn on and definately served me and many others well in our efforts. i just recently purchased an sv650s, and everything i learned on the ninja has come to show itself. there are little things that you learn that you don't even realize that you're learning, that become a part of your second nature. ive had situations on the 650 that i would have really messed up had it not been for my experience on the 250.

i've found myself standing amidst groups of bikers advocating starting on a 250, and proclaiming the reasoning behind it. there is no substitute for experience.

i would say after 2-3k miles on that thing, let the misses have it and go get whatever you want.

good luck, and have fun, those things kick ass in the twisties!! don't get attached to how it corners, though, because you'll never find something quite so light.

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
congrat's on the bike, hope to see some pics soon

·
Registered
968 Posts
Fun as hell to toss around. Maybe you'll be getting a second bike so the wife can have that one when she starts.

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
This is probably the bike that'll I start off with. Its dirt cheap in the Toronto area and looks like plenty of owners are selling them. What about the Honda CBR500 as a starter bike?

·
The Ugly TwatWaffle
8,369 Posts
Good luck finding one... or do they have those in Canada???

I would say peel of all those decals, but the one on the tank is probably under the clear... It would be badass if it were all black!!!

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
Yes, they sell them in Canada.

Spike said:
Good luck finding one... or do they have those in Canada???

I would say peel of all those decals, but the one on the tank is probably under the clear... It would be badass if it were all black!!!

·
The Ugly TwatWaffle
8,369 Posts
sweet... I think it would be a sick ass first bike... I think... I don't know the specs on them, or know anyone personally who's ridden one... so it's all speculation.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts