Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i thought i am going to buy a kawasaki zx6rr to go racing, but i ended up buying a honda f4 1999 with 9K on it, it is not in good condition, but for 1500 i can not say anything, i am going to have fun with it for the summer on the track and maybe some races, and then i am going to part it out. i have not seen the bike in person,as i am now in canada, i am going to pick up the bike in the end of this month, and take it to gp. anyway i just want to share.now time to start racing,Mr.honda (snowman) do you know which rotors from other hondas fit this bike.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
Welcome, it is good to see a converter from the dark side.

and If you would have posted this two days ago I have some used UBC's that would have fit it, now they are in the rear of the storage unit where I am not.

I think all the F4 models should fit, the rr's wont, MAYBE, not sure but F3 might fit it.

Let me know when you part it though I might want some crap off of it or I may just take the whole thing.

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
Congrats Sami!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
From back in da' day
2,777 Posts
i think that the RR's rotors will fit the 99 f4 front wheel. The caliper may have to be changed as well though, not too sure about that one.

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
Reckless01 said:
i think that the RR's rotors will fit the 99 f4 front wheel. The caliper may have to be changed as well though, not too sure about that one.

Thats funny, cause the F4 rotors wont fit on the RR and I know that for a fact :)

·
From back in da' day
2,777 Posts
hmm...thats strange, is it the bolt pattern or the diameter? because i used a rear rotor from an f3 on my 900rr and it worked. The front ones may be a bit different. I havent really tried though. I know I remember hearing of people using f4 wheels on their 900rr's because of the 17" front wheel vs their 16" stocker.

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
you can change the whole wheel but the rotors themselves wont fit the RR wheel

on the front anyways I dont know about the rear

·
Ducatista
1,812 Posts
Will not fit on an RR or I would have the ones that Jiggly was selling!

Sammi welcome to the dark side rotors from F2 all the way to the F4 will fit your new bike. Talk to Jiggly he has some bad ass EBC's that would go great for the track.

Congrats! When we hitting the track son!

·
wuka man
849 Posts
Congrats
sup with the small ass pic mang?

I have seen a Yellow F4 riding around (turnpike, red road) alot lately.

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
beafer said:
Congrats
sup with the small ass pic mang?

I have seen a Yellow F4 riding around (turnpike, red road) alot lately.

There used to be one riding around there alot till I went TDY

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
ALF/USA said:
Honda??? sorry Sammy :cry
:chair Alf :chair Alf :chair Alf

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well i am going to get back on the track maybe on the end of the month, the bike is up north close to the track, so i am going to get the rotors now, if the bike is in good condition i am going to go to the track the same day, ALF do not worry i am soon going to go back to kawasaki, i just love the green team, but for now i am going to ride that F4 like there is not tomorrow, and i am going to gain all the track time that i could, the bike is really cheap, so now i have enough money to go to the track and also get into a race school. i think that the best thing i could for now. the 2005 zx6rr will be here soon. but for now it is honda. thanks guys , i am sure i will see you on the track really soon.

·
Registered
834 Posts
nice!!! i have the same bike except red and hooked up. do you need rotors? i have a set laying around my garage....and a straight subframe (pre-drilled for the race tail), i have a seat, and a front wheel. need any of those?---- i might keep the front wheel.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Juggalo said:
Welcome, it is good to see a converter from the dark side.

and If you would have posted this two days ago I have some used UBC's that would have fit it, now they are in the rear of the storage unit where I am not.

I think all the F4 models should fit, the rr's wont, MAYBE, not sure but F3 might fit it.

Let me know when you part it though I might want some crap off of it or I may just take the whole thing.
Get the seat Jiggy, your'e not sitting on one. :)

·
Registered
834 Posts
BTW, i'd pass all you kawasaki guys on the track with my beat up, old-ass, 24k miles on it, f4 and i'll give ya the "shocker" while i look back at ya :neener

·
Registered
834 Posts
one last thing....Sami, you can have the rotors- just pay for shipping.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts