Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1994 Fzr1000???

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello all! I need a Little info Please. I just bought a 94 FZR 1000, it has 22k miles on it, and I paid 3k cash. Is this a good bike? If any of you has ever owned one, what are the problems that I need to watch for. This is also my very first street bike. I have owned and raced many dirt bikes. I have only owned it for 3 weeks, and needless to say I am having fun. . Any info Will be helpful.

Thanks DD

P.s It's getting painting I will post a picture next week.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have owned 6 Dirt bikes. (80 xr80, Husky 390, 88 yz250, 90cr500, 96 rm250 and 98 yz250) But Yes this is my First street bike.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Good bike? Yes. Good first bike? Probably not. Even though it's an older bike, it's still a liter bike with enough power to get you into trouble in just a few seconds. Wear all your gear, use throttle control and take it easy. Riding on the street is nothing like riding on the dirt... except for the controls on the bike itself. Please tell us that you've taken the MSF course.

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
Chinga tu Madre said:
Good luck.
+1 , and get whatever the military equivilant to the MSF class, under your belt.........your gonna need it w/ that kinda hp.......

·
Registered
63 Posts
Well, unless he's the most ham fisted guy in the world, I woulnd't freak out about that bike's raw, brutal HP. Definitely take it slow. If you are military then the base safety course is legally mandatory for you to even operate a motorcycle ANYWHERE. If you have an accident on it before taking the course, you can get into heap big doo doo. In fact they can make a Line of Duty determination and not pay your family benefits. Just something to think about. By your screen name I'm assuming you either are/was a Marine or need to change it :)

M.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was in the Marines 88-92, and no I am not "The most ham Fisted guy in the world." I have not taken the MSF "yet" but I plan on it in the next few weeks if I can find a class that has room. I keep the R's down and the gear's high to keep my self out of trouble for know. :). But I am taken it slow and easy. Thanks for all the helpful hints and worry. ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts