Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there!

My name is Susie. I joined this forum because I grew up on motorcycles and would like to get another one of my own. I am only 5'0" so I am trying to find a starter bike that I do not have to lower. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thank you :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have tried a Ninja 250 was too short for that, was looking into the Buell Blast. Hopefully that will work.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
As someone said in your other thread, you don't HAVE to be able to flat foot. It's easier to learn if you can, but after you have a year of experience you probably won't put two feet down anyways.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was on my tippy toes with the ninja 250 and I felt very uncomfortable with that because I would have to shift the bike from one side to the other because both wouldn't touch at the same time.

·
Registered
936 Posts
I was on my tippy toes with the ninja 250 and I felt very uncomfortable with that because I would have to shift the bike from one side to the other because both wouldn't touch at the same time.
Check out the ladies forum there are lists of bikes with seat height rather than just randomly throwing out bikes. Plus, I posted a link to a site that will show how you will fit on bikes using your inseam measurement.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Welcome to sbn. Hope the search goes well.

Sent from HTC Thunderbolt.

·
Registered
7,222 Posts
Oh man, I can see about 100 leg humpers about to come out of retirement.

Welcome to SBN :twofinger

RC

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Leg humpers? What? lol.

After doing much research I have realized I will probably have to lower so I am going to find a bike I wouldn't mind keeping for a while.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I could probably convince a dude to lower it for free after all dudes fix my car for free all the time lol

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
I toed my ninja 500 and my :gsxr.

Heck I have to slide of my duke and I can only toes one side on my Strom. It's the nature of being short. And yes its very easy to lower a bike.

After you get some saddle time in having a taller bike isn't a big deal. I'm 5'5 btw.

Sent from HTC Thunderbolt.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts