Sport Bikes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know what this spot is for.It was blank and supplys 12v so I used it.I have installed the red and orange wire in its space

Attachments

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
hmmm I am not seeing an empty spot.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have installed the red & orange wire in its place.I believe that would indicate where the empty spot was? No? Is this any clearer? If not let me know and I will will try to be more precise with my words. Im just wanting to know if its left by the factory like this or not.

·
Registered
101 Posts
The spots for the fuses should be marked on the under side of the lid to the box. What does that say? If nothing was meant to go in that opening, it should say "spare".

FYI, rather than splicing into the fuse panel like that, there is already two accessory pig-tails with connectors that come off the wiring harness. They are under the subframe near the rear brake resevoir. These would probably give you a better place to get the 12vdc from. BTW, what did you use the power for?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It does say spare in 2 slots but they are spare fuses not spare hook ups.Can anybody look to see if there bike has a blank spot there?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I assume the blank spot you refering to is above the horn fuse.

{junction box lay-out}

[ blank ] [ turn ]
spare [ horn ] [ignition]
_ _ [ ACC ] [ tail ]
_ _ [ fan ] [ head ]

Yeah, I have it in my junction box too. But there's a plastic tab over it. I didn't know there's a constant 12V underneath.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts