Sport Bikes banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My local dealer told me to stay away from the jumper/euro mod due to some problems that may occur with the PCIII because there are differences in european gas and us gas. Is this true or not? If its true, is there any possible damage that can be caused by doing the mod and running us gas?

This is a question for my friend who has a 2006 Kawasaki 636 and was interested in the mod.

thanks

·
Jive Turkey
4,528 Posts
Untrue. Magazines have done it with success. Many of us 636 owners have done it with success. It'll free up more HP while making the HP peak nearly right at redline, instead of falling off after 13.5K or so.

No ill effects; just more power.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey hey, i can finally post! Im the friend that GSXR_600 was asking this question for. It sounds like from the few forums that ive been on, I have not heard one bad thing about the jumper mod. Cool, now ive got something to do this winter.:beer

·
Registered
382 Posts
I HAVE DONE THE MOD! with PCIII, Two Brothers V.A.L.E Titanium dual exhaust and k&N Air filter with no problems. I have had my bike dyno'ed and tunes and calibrated for the most power. Dealers just say that because they dont know shit about that mod. I am happy with the power of my bike! Much better than stock!

·
Jive Turkey
4,528 Posts
The dealer most likely told you to stay away from the jumper mod just to cover their asses so they aren't liable, like any dealership, when Joe Biker tinkers with his ECU, does something wrong and f's it up, and then goes back and blames the dealer, saying "They said it was OK to do this."

There's also a good chance that quite a good percentage of dealerships don't even know what the jumper mod is. Just because they sell the bike doesn't mean they know everything about it, especially "secret mods".

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Do not have a PC 11 or III, but since back in '47 we have been sucking battery power off cages since way back then. BUT do not have the cage engine running when you do it otherwise you will be in deep trouble.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I do have some other projects to do this winter. I need a new chain and new gears both front and back. Im thinking about going 1 down in front and 1 up in back because i dont want to lose too much mpg. Has anyone done any re-gearing to the 636 and if so do you have any suggestions? Im just looking for a little more snot low end but i dont do wheelies so im not looking for something that is gonna bring the front tire up all the time.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I do have some other projects to do this winter. I need a new chain and new gears both front and back. Im thinking about going 1 down in front and 1 up in back because i dont want to lose too much mpg. Has anyone done any re-gearing to the 636 and if so do you have any suggestions? Im just looking for a little more snot low end but i dont do wheelies so im not looking for something that is gonna bring the front tire up all the time.
I went 3 up in the rear because it was easier to install cuz I do all the work on my own. 3up in the rear is like 1down in the front. This setup will do power wheelies up to third gear. But it did not do much to the MPG. What it did was make my speedo WAY off which I fixed with a speedo healer.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
also having b***** sprockets will reduce chain wear, if your doing 1 down in front, 1 up in back, just do 4 up in back (if the part is available, which if very well may not be).

·
Live to ride
12,017 Posts
i will let you know about the jumper mod next summer when i am doing track days/racing every weekend.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
also having b***** sprockets will reduce chain wear, if your doing 1 down in front, 1 up in back, just do 4 up in back (if the part is available, which if very well may not be).
Good logic but why would a +4 rear sprocket not be available? You can get one in aluminum, stainless, chromoly...

·
Jive Turkey
4,528 Posts
^ Aluminum may sound attractive with its lower weight and no rusting, but it has a far shorter lifespan due to being a softer metal.

·
Registered
103 Posts
:bowdownThis is great info. I was wondering how the mod would work with a PC III. This will work great for my plans at defeating the GSXR 750 my buddy rides. See when he and I do roll-ons I always pull ahead and he doesn't catch me until we're already to a very high rate of speed. The thing is, he has about 50 to 60 pounds on me and I'm wondering if that is why I can pull ahead. It would be nice if this mod would give me the extra power to send him to the bank in search of more money to buy a liter bike. How pleasurable it would be for the the 636 to crush the almighty 750. hahahahahahhahhhaaaaaa

Tell me what yall think guys.:bowdown

·
Registered
382 Posts
:bowdownThis is great info. I was wondering how the mod would work with a PC III. This will work great for my plans at defeating the GSXR 750 my buddy rides. See when he and I do roll-ons I always pull ahead and he doesn't catch me until we're already to a very high rate of speed. The thing is, he has about 50 to 60 pounds on me and I'm wondering if that is why I can pull ahead. It would be nice if this mod would give me the extra power to send him to the bank in search of more money to buy a liter bike. How pleasurable it would be for the the 636 to crush the almighty 750. hahahahahahhahhhaaaaaa

Tell me what yall think guys.:bowdown
I have a friend who has a 2004 Gixxer 750 stock with low miles and I manage to not only beat him off the line but beat him all the way to top speed of 160MPH. His bike is stock and my bike has the jumper mod with PCIII, Two brothers exhaust dual V.A.L.E. BMC air filter dyno tuned with +3 sprocket change in the rear. A few months later he went out and got himself a Litre bike lol!! But I love my Zixxer so much I could not part with it for a litre bike.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts