Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just got back from putting on 100+ miles with the boys and girls after meeting at Hooter's for lunch.

Rythems lead 11 bikes through some killer corners and some nice high-speed sweepers. We did do a heck of a lot of stopping- and had to do some minor repair work- but a great time none the less. It was great finally meeting so many people (this weekend I've met tons of SBNers!) and I look forward to riding with you all again.

Peace and enjoy your work week ;)

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Aww shucks, thanks Cappie. Had a blast today - one helluva long day! I'ma sleep like a baby after all that fresh air.

Good times everyone!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cappie- that's cute. Easier to pronoune than Captal too eh?

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Werd, I had to come up with something....the lack of an I was driving me nutz.

LOL

·
Jerk
990 Posts
Great ride today, and I now will sleep quite soundly as well. The ride back from the shaw to the city was ccccccold and I tucked most of it at the speed limit with traffic. Probably looked silly but I was tired and chilled. Good times.

Tom.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hey I was right next to you freezing my ass off too, you didn't look too silly. It was awesome meeting all you guys/gals today (even the Rock, erm cbass). I look forward to chilling with you guys again, perhaps while turn signals get replaced in Waukesha ;) Viva la Frosty's!

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
ugh! why does everyone have to pick on me?? my foot got stuck and i fell i was embarrased more than anything and i feel horrible =( sorry guys but thanks for helpin me.. i guess it happens to the best of us thanks to the wonderful bruise on my leg yuk! in robs words..once again.waiting on pokey...anyways i was sooooooooo glad we went out today it was a long ride and i had a blast hell i even met the rock (junior version) yeah and now i know how to pop my exhaust thanks to him yay!! (always wondered how you do that)
it did get cold after a while brr for now*knock on wood* looks good for wed hopefully one of these i can get out early and meet ya there my friends had an awesome time too thanks!! well definitely have to do this again soon and ill make sure to keep on bringin more people werd is with im sleepin like a baby for umm 10 hrs of riding so in that case see ya!

·
Registered
459 Posts
I wiped out pretty good last year, it's nice to know everyone here will help you out if/when you do.. good support from other people on this site..

·
Banned
145 Posts
Captal said:
Rhythms lead 11 bikes through some killer corners and some nice high-speed sweepers.
You know it was 11, 'cuz you were the one counting at all the stops! ;)

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I had a great time guys. Thanks for a good ride. Nobody got hurt and that's the best part even though a couple tip overs happened. Calc, I know put it together that was you from the board...sorry I didn't realize sooner man. It was good meeting the people I hadn't met yet, you all are fun to hang out with. We doing it again next weekend?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hey it's all good man, I didn't exactly announce to everyone that I was the calculusballer lol

Steph, don't feel bad, I had to get 4 stiches due to my bike falling over when I was putting my front wheel on, you just got a bruse :)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hey it's all good man, I didn't exactly announce to everyone that I was the calculusballer lol

Steph, don't feel bad, I had to get 4 stiches due to my bike falling over when I was putting my front wheel on, you just got a bruse :)

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
LilAngel said:
You know it was 11, 'cuz you were the one counting at all the stops! ;)
Yep- at least that engineering degree is good for something ;)

Unfortunately I won't be joining you guys this weekend because I'm off to Indiana to help my aunt and uncle paint their house, which will be much more fun than riding :blowingup

It was good to see that no one pushed it so hard that they got hurt- that did make the day. Hopefully I'll see some of you this Wednesday if it doesn't rain...

·
Registered
878 Posts
Captal said:
Rythems lead 11 bikes through some killer corners and some nice high-speed sweepers.
:blowingup There are no killer corners in WI. I get very depresed by this sometimes and ponder moving to SE TN.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Overall there definitely is a lack of good twisties (I long to be out in California's bay area- it's amazing going from San Jose to Santa Clara...) there are some out there if you look for em.

Unfortunately part of our ride got ruined because they freshly oiled one of the roads.

·
Registered
193 Posts
sorry i missed the ride guys. i wanted to come, but had to make some extra cash on a detailing job yesterday, got to make some money with all the wedding bills that need to get paid for. I will make a point on coming out this week with you guys though.... looks like decent weather. :)

·
Registered
444 Posts
Captal said:
Unfortunately part of our ride got ruined because they freshly oiled one of the roads.
My bike almost got ruined cuz of that freshly oiled road... scared the shat outta me... oh well, it's still shiny so it's all good.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I am bummed I missed out on the ride and the chance to meet everyone. I was busy gettin this house ready to sell. :barf
I definately will not miss the next one and I will see you peeps Tom. night.

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
Yesterday was definately alot of fun. I think I speak for Dave as well, I had alot of fun just hanging out in the back of the pack. It felt good to stay in back so as not to make anyone feel like they had to it push it too hard to keep up with the lead pack...because the last thing we want to see is someone ride above their limits and have a get off or worse.

It was also really encouraging to see just how many people came out for the ride...new and old peeps.

Ladies, don't feel bad about the tips. We're all here to help you get the bikes back close to where they were previously. CJ, I'm gonna give Lil Steve a call sometime this week about the crack in your upper fairing...all we would need to do then is find sometime to take it off the bike.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts