Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
here's the deal... this saturday my work people are hosting a poker run for the make a wish foundation.. i dont know how many people have heard or done this before but what it is is theres 5 or so bars (which are spread out all over,hence the riding part)..you start at one and ride to each bar picking up a card.. you ride from bar to bar for about 4-5 hrs until you get to the last one.. then whoever has the best poker hand wins money prize.. you DO NOT booze hag it from each bar :alky unless you really want to but with riding the bike i highly recommend you do not.. sorry i havent gotten this out sooner ive been begging for the flyer for the last darn month! there is food, drinks,music, dj, raffles, prizes all sorts of stuff at the end.. hell, just read the flyer...its for a good cause (and a tax write off : BONUS!!) :leghump
would anyone be interested in going? let me know :headbang

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
HIN - Chicago Biotches

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
hghvltge said:
here's the deal... this saturday my work people are hosting a poker run for the make a wish foundation..
Tell your work people not to put apostrophes in plurals. "poker hand's"

:flipa

Teej
also intending to be at HIN, camera gear in hand.

·
Banned
145 Posts
HIN = Hot Import Nights :)

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well actually ill be headin down to chicago afterwards.. so im doing the run and going down there... are you guys taking your bikes?? what time is everyone going to import nights and where is it .. never been there?? and for the record i tried to make it clear it isnt a booze run didnt you see that lol if that was the case do you think i would go and invite everyone.. dont think so

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
does anyone have any info on import nights? doh! i wish i wouldve known about that sooner..

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Have you ever been on a poker run? There's a reason why all the stops are at bars. Us sportbikers may not be part of the drinking, but..well...yeah.

As for HIN, it starts at 5pm and goes till 11 I think. It's $25 to get in and it's at the McCormick Center. www.hotimportnights.com

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
hghvltge said:
does anyone have any info on import nights? doh! i wish i wouldve known about that sooner..
I know that Great Lakes Dragway was wallpapered with flyers for it. If you were at the show, how you escaped finding out about it is beyond me. I had like six flyers for it stuck into my bike when I left, not to mention the stacks of flyers in the bathrooms, at the concession stands etc...

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Jokertlr said:
I know that Great Lakes Dragway was wallpapered with flyers for it. If you were at the show, how you escaped finding out about it is beyond me. I had like six flyers for it stuck into my bike when I left, not to mention the stacks of flyers in the bathrooms, at the concession stands etc...

Heh...

Well, i was there from 11:30 - 2:30 on Saturday. Didn't hit the bathrooms or concession stands. Didn't have the bike with me so the cage was parked out in cageland....and I didn't see/hear anything about HIN while I was there. ;)

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well after hearing the news about cory.. i really wasnt too concerned about going to chicago and all that.. sorry =*( and scott i dont plan on it.. if all the other bikers wanna do that and waste their money more power to them but if im payin 25 to get it and im gettin free stuff at the end.. why bother to waste it at the bars?? nope, not me

·
Registered
177 Posts
yeah a poker run..... thats what I want to do hang out with a bunch of drunk HD guys, and just because we won't drink doesn't mean there wouldn't be any problems with drunks around us on 750lb bikes

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
hghvltge said:
well after hearing the news about cory.. i really wasnt too concerned about going to chicago and all that.. sorry =*(
After what you said above your post stopped making sense to me...

hghvltge said:
and scott i dont plan on it.. if all the other bikers wanna do that and waste their money more power to them
Mostly this last part

hghvltge said:
but if im payin 25 to get it and im gettin free stuff at the end.. why bother to waste it at the bars?? nope, not me
I know I'm not Scott so it wasn't meant for me but I'm still confused.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Sorry, not trying to be an ass or anything, but we all know what "poker runs" are really about. People have tried to sugar coat it before, but it always ends up the same thing. A bunch of drunk bikers trying to pilot their lead sleds around after stopping at all the bars to "pick up a card"...and one for the road.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Jokertlr said:
Yes, drunk Hardley Gayvidson riders do suck. Read here for a worst case scenario.
That totaly sucks ass! But that's what you get when you deal with drunk ass HD fucks!

HMMM Where do I sign up for that poker run?? :headbang

I know someone that works for H.O.G. she sets up rides and rallys for the H.O.G. Members and now I guess HD doesn't want anything to do with drinking and riding so they are trying to set up poker runs that go to resturants and ice cream stands

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
hghvltge said:
well after hearing the news about cory.. i really wasnt too concerned about going to chicago and all that.. sorry =*( and scott i dont plan on it.. if all the other bikers wanna do that and waste their money more power to them but if im payin 25 to get it and im gettin free stuff at the end.. why bother to waste it at the bars?? nope, not me
That was about as confusing as reading chinese instructions for using a left handed football bat....

1 - 20 of 64 Posts