·
Registered
17 Posts
Handle: YetiX

Name: Scott

Year bought first street bike: 1989

Current bikes owned: 2002 Suzuki Bandit 1200

Former bikes: Yamaha FJ600, FZ600, FZR600 BMWR1100RT

Certifications/Classes Etc: Motorcycle license since 1989, MSF BRC '89, Keith Code superbike school, former AMA license holder, MSF ERC. And my dad was a CHP motor officer and taught me a lot about how to ride and how to stay safe on the roads.

General Experience: Rode on the dirt for many years starting as a kid. Bought my first street bike when I was ~20. Spent a lot of time in the canyons and on Mt. Palomar. Did that for a while and then got into racing and raced my FZ600 for two years. I then crashed my friend's GSXR1100 in turn 9 at Willow Springs going WFO and gave up racing after that. Stopped the road bikes for a number of years but recently returned to the fray.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I don't post alot but I will if the question is worthy.

Handle: dcw

First street bike: 1972 125cc Honda Dual Purpose? Clunker

Bikes owned: 125cc Honda, 250 Same genre, 360cc Honda, 650ex Suzuki, 4 BMWs 1974-1981 the last was R100RS, 8years of Suzuki MX bikes, 1994 Yamaha SecaII, 2001 RC51, 2005 Ducati 800SS.

Experience: Licensed since 1972, Street and MX when my bones and muscles could handle it. 100 percent street now. Never had a street motorcycle accident.........yet.

Advice: Start small and careful, immortality doesn't ride a bike.

·
Making Horizons Vertical
1,871 Posts
Handle: dubbs693

Year bought first street bike: 2006

Type of bikes owned: 2007 Kawasaki ZZR600

Certifications/Classes Etc: Current drivers licenses with unlimited motorcycle endorsement for NY State

General Experience: I've only been riding a short time, but I feel I have learned a lot from reading the boards for about 2 years now. I finally got a bike when the finacial situation was right. The advice I give is primarily based off of what I've read on this board and learned from my dad. I try not to give advice on something unless I actually know what I'm talking about.

-dubbs

·
Registered
311 Posts
Handle: GSXR-750

Year bought first streetbike (my money): 2005
Year rode first bike (parents): 1994

Types of bikes owned (my money): EX500A. (in US)
Types of bikes owned (parents): 50cc mopeds, 100cc Hondas, 110cc CBZ (note, all in India)

Certification: M certification for PA.

Experience: Traffic laws in india can only be desribed as 'blindly ignored' so i learnt in the parking lot, and private driveways, and was on the street at 10 yrs of age. no msf course in india, just natural selection (if u ride like a dumbass, ur not riding any more...). Came to US when i was 14, and had to stop till I turned 18. Picked up a bike last year, and started again (took the msf course). Been riding since (apart from the few periods the bike was down). Oh, and im pretty handy with a wrench. Which comes from years of having my dad bossing me around whenever our bikes stopped working... Btw, he used to be the chief test rider for Suzuki (Tested the GSX-R range, long time ago). So, if u have questions for him, I can pass them along. he knows his shit inside and out.

·
Registered
59 Posts
handle: raznhel_n_vt
experience: Been riding dirt/street bikes off-road since 85. Riding the street for 6 years. Been over the back, been over the front and rolled it. Only advise that stuff hurts like hell and the front brake is not an oh sh*t handle.
Mechanical experience: Mainly with cars, tinkered on motorcycles.

·
Registered
22 Posts

First Street bike: 1978, CBR400F

Certification: Chief Instructor (Worldwide) California Superbike School, since 1990.

Bikes owned: We have the School bikes, I own a ZX-9 and a KX 250 personally.

I saw a lot of resumes, but not a lot of questions. So here's one: what's better (on a streetbike with good brakes) to use both, just the front, or just the rear?

<Moderator edit> Please use this thread for posting Riders' Resumes only. Feel free to start a thread on any motorcycle related topic in the general message area of the New Riders' Forum.

·
Registered
7,222 Posts
Current ride: CBRF4i
Years Riding: 28 {that includes little 50's at the cottage}

!st real bike that I owned: RZ350, got her in '92
1st crash: One week later.

Cert: MSF, no other "training", except being young and stupid and riding my dirt bike as a daily driver in the winter during college.

Exp: I drive over 100,000km per year for business, and do approx. 8-10k per year on the bike, In most every condition where prudent. Have riden in Canada, U.S., Mexico, Aruba, and Antigua.

I dont pretend to be faster than I am, and I do most of my own maintainence. Most riding is done "up North", out of the city, on the twisties.
I usually only give advise when asked, and only if I know the answer.

Cheers, and Merry Christmas!!

·
Banned
4,616 Posts
Handle: Czolgosz (pronounce "chol-goes")

Year bought first streetbike: 2006

Types of bikes owned: Ninja 650r

Certification: MSF Beginner, M1 in Ca

Experience: Since 10/06 (n00b!)

·
Registered
207 Posts
Handle: mush0010

Year bought first street bike: 2005

Type of bikes owned: 1982 Honda Express NU50, '05 R6

Certifications/Classes Etc: MSF Grad, MN endorsed license

General Experience: Always wanted to get into motorcycles ever since i inherited a 50cc Honda in 2001 (thing is older than me). Used to lean that thing over pretty hard. Now i practice staying alive, dodging soccer moms, and taking cigarette butts to the shield.

·
Buffalo Street Hero
202 Posts
Handle: B5A4

Year bought first bike: 2005

Bikes owned: 2005 suzuki katana 600, 2001 Yamaha R1

Certifications: MSF beginners rider course, plan on experienced rider course next season

Experience: 21k on katana in 13 months, all street riding. Owned the R1 for 4 months, with about 4k miles on it in that time Also all street riding..

·
Drink! Drink! DRINK!!!
286 Posts
Handle: Jehos

Year bought first street bike: 2006

Type of bikes owned: 2006 Ninja 500R

Certifications/Classes Etc: MSF Beginning Rider Course and licensed in TX

General Experience: I'm new to riding, bought my first bike at the end of 2006. Consider any advice I give to be from the perspective of a mature newbie with a healthy dose of common sense but not a lot of riding experience.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Handle:Rekd

Year bought first street bike: 1982ish

Type of bikes owned: HD (AMF) 90, 3 Honda 350 twins, 2 Yamaha 650 twins, a yamaha seca 750 (shafty), 2 yamaha FZR600's (first sport bike), a suzuki GSXR750 (wifes now), suzuki TL1000 and suzuki DR350 (both current). I started riding at around 5 to 7 yrs on a nova mini-bike with a honda 50cc carb.

Certifications/Classes Etc: Current drivers licenses with unlimited motorcycle endorsement for CA.

General Experience: Been riding literally as long as I can remember. The last 15 years on sport bikes and some dirt bikes. I also spend a lot of time in the desert (dunes mostly) on in my 2276cc VW sand rail and on my DR. I did some m/c drag racing in a trophy class, (won most races I entered) and lastly, :brag: My son learned to ride a bicycle with no training wheels when he was 3-1/2 (and shot his first pellet gun @ 2yrs old :eek: ) and my other son (20 months) can already stand on a skate board and skoot himself along without falling most of the time, and has been climbing on (literally) everything in my yard with wheels since before he could walk. My wife (hubba hubba) of 12+ years has a good work ethic (see avatar) :/brag:

·
Old school fool
5,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
Once again. Please use this thread for Riders' Resumes only. All other bike related questions and comments may be posted in the general section of the New Riders' Forums - below.

All posts not relevant to this thread have been deleted.

·
Apprentice wheelieist
833 Posts
Handle: Isaac

Year bought first street bike: 2004

Years riding on the street: 3

Miles ridden on the street: 14,000 and counting daily

Bikes owned: Suzuki GZ250, Suzuki GS850, Suzuki GSX750, Honda NT650

Training: None. Self-taught. I've read A Twist of the Wrist and The Complete Idiot's Guide to Motorcycles cover to cover. I hold a motorcycle endorsement (full license) in Florida.

General experience: Have been riding since the moment I rolled my first bike out of the van, hopped on it, and rode into the distance like it was an extra appendage. I've ridden bikes upward of a 99 GSXR750 and survived. Drag raced a few times at the track. I've taught four riders to ride, none of whom have yet hurt themselves.

·
Cheap Bastid
6,366 Posts
Handle: OreoGaborio

Born: Dec 9 1979

Began riding on the street: Early 2001

Began riding on the track: Late 2004

Miles ridden on the street: ~50k street & track.

Bikes owned: '00 Kawi ZX6R (street/track day toy), '89 Kawi EX500 (race), '02 Kawi KX250 (dirty monster)

Bikes currently own: 2003 Aprilia Tuono (street/track day), '06 SV650 (race/track day)

Training:
- MSF BRC
- Countless track days
- Cornerspeed Level 1 Race School, Spring 2006
- Mentored by numerous Expert level club racers from the New England area.
- Licensed CCS and LRRS Road Racer, Spring 2006
- Instructor, Control Rider and Cornerworker for Tony's Track Days since Summer '06.
- Expert LRRS/CCS road racer, Spring of '09
- Trained MSF BRC RiderCoach, Spring of '09

General experience:
2001 - Completed MSF BRC.

2004 - Purchased a bike in May. Began riding more seriously after attending my first two track days in Loudon, NH with Tony's Track Days.

2005 - Began doing an average of 10 track day events per year with Tony's Track Days .

2006 - Completed the Cornerspeed Level 1 race school, got my CCS license, formed Cheap Bastid Racing and began racing in the Loudon Road Racing Series. Bumped from Novice to Amateur status after the minimum 10 races. Mid season I began working as a Guest Instructor for Tony's Track Days.

2007 - Was made an official Track Day Instructor for Tony's Track Days. Had a solid chance at the LRRS Production Twins Amateur Championship, but a broken wrist at the beginning of the year prevented that from happening. I returned to the track mid-year and finished the season strongly.

2008 - Did 1/2 a season on my EX500 then switched bikes to an SV650 and earned enough points to bump up to the Expert ranks.

2009 - Became an Expert road racer and signed on with ECK Racing.
Finished 7th overall in LRRS Expert Lightweight GP
Finished 6th overall in LRRS Expert Lightweight Supersport
Finished 5th overall in LRRS Expert Lightweight Superbike
Also became an MSF RiderCoach and began coaching the Massachusetts MSF BRC through Ironstone Ventures

2010 - Named Assistant Chief Instructor for Tony's Track Days.
Finished 4th overall in LRRS Expert LWSS
Finished 3rd overall in LRRS Expert LWSB
Finished 2nd overall in LRRS Expert LWGP
Finished 2nd overall in LRRS Expert Pirelli Diablo 600 Challenge

·
Sportbike Addict
464 Posts
Handle: RCKT GRL

Year bought first street bike: 1989

Type of bikes owned: 1987 Kawasaki Ninja 250, 1986 Honda VFR 700F, 2002 Honda CBR600F4i

Certifications/Classes Etc: Current drivers licenses with motorcycle endorsement

General Experience: I've been a street rider for 18 years and have had a bike pretty much the entire time. I have ridden dirt bikes, 3 wheelers, 4 wheelers and even raced MX for a season or two on my then boyfriends KX250. He was also a motorcycle mechanic, thus I do have “some” expertise when it comes to wrenching on my own bike. (installed my own frame sliders and slip on, polished the rims and adjusted the stock CCT)

I have never had a serious accident in a car or on a bike. (knocking on wood) although I have had my fair share of “moments”, I think that my experience racing MotoX has made me a better street rider. Looking thru a turn towards your exit point on a berm is a lot like looking thru a turn on the street or the track. Many people make the mistake of fixating on where they don’t want to go (ie: the ditch) however ultimately end up there. The trick is to get past that point and be confident enough in your riding ability and that just takes seat time and practice. Another thing to consider is to surround yourself with other riders who are better as they can teach you a lot. Taking an advanced riding course is also a great opportunity! I’m looking to do some track days this season as well as long as God gives me the opportunity!

I can do all things thru Christ who strengthens me.
Philippians 4:13

·
The Professor!
389 Posts
Handle: Psycho-82

Year bought first street bike: 2004

Type of bikes owned: 1980 KX80, 1987 KTM80, 1994 YZ80, 1995 YZ 125, 1992 KX 250, 2003 H.D. sportster 883, 1998 H.D. ultraglide, 2004 Yamaha R6 (most were family bikes as we all rode "7 of us").

Certifications/Classes Etc...: MSF Basic/Advanced rders course, endorsed for 8 years, dirt bike racing classes

General Experience: Been riding/racing dirtbikes since i was 9 years old until 16 when i could get my street license, then switched to street where i rode various street bikes of my families ever since, from big cruisers to sport bikes from friends. Crashed and hospitalized to many times to count on the dirt but none as of yet on the street "knock on wood". Bought my first street bike in 2004 which was teh R6 because i was stationed in Germany for 4 years and didnt want to get one over there due to to much rain. Done a few track days since and loved them, 30k miles on my R6 to date with more on various other rides. Total of about 15 years riding experience with 8 years street and even more dirt.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Another young buck here!

Bought First bike: 2004
Years riding: 8 dirt, 8 street

Type of bike owned: Still got my YZF600R

Certification: Utah State Endrosement

I started riding at age 15. Unbeknownst to my parrents, I started riding my friends dirtbike, and his older brother's Katana 600. Didn't have a license, and no way to get one, without the parents finding out, so I just rode without one. (I know, I know...)

After I turned 18 I moved away from home, and met a guy from my work who had just purchased a new GSXR 600, and found it in his heart to let me basicly take home his CBR 600 F3. He introduced me to "Bike Night" at the Thunder Valley race track in Noble, Oklahoma. It was just a 1/4 mile straight track. I've never raced besides drag racing, but I took to dragging that CBR like a fish to water. Moved to UT, and took a year off riding long enough to get settled down, and get married, and bought the 600R about 1 month after getting married.

I'm always learning, and willing to share what limited knowlege I do have. Worked as an automotive technician (Read: Grease Monkey) for 5 years, before getting tired of always being dirty. I love working on my own vehicles, and do all of my own work on them. If you have a mechanical question, or one regarding body work, I'd be happy to help ;)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Handle: Mysick636
Year purchased first streetbike: 1999
Bikes Owned: yamaha yzf 250, 1989 honda Hawk, 98 yamaha r6, 04 Kawasaki 636
Certs/classes: Licensed and endorsed in NV, previously in CA
General Exp: I started on dirt when I was younger and steadily progressed to street. I rebuilt my honda hawk from the ground up when I was 17. I have 8 years experience on the street, Like everone I have crashed on my own a couple of times with minimal injuries, and never been in an accident involving another rider or driver. I ride consistently through out the year and stunt on a semi regular basis.

PS: I think anyone who says they havent crashed at somepoint is either lying or dreaming. Just my $.02

·
Registered
525 Posts
Handle: ZX11_12
Year purchased first street bike: 1985
Bikes Owned: Kawasaki LTD 454, Honda V65 Magna, Kawasaki ZL1000 Eliminator, Honda Hurricane 1000, Kawasaki ZX-11, Honda Goldwing, Kawasaki ZX-12R, Honda Valkyrie, Honda CBX, Honda CBR1000RR, Honda Shadow Spirit 750

Cert/classes: CDL license with all available endorsments, including Motorcycles.

General experience: 2 years on dirt, 22 years on the street. I've had 3 crashes in 22 years. The last was in 2001 when I hit a car head on at 55mph.
I've been to Deals Gap more times than I can count, and ridden cross country alone.

81 - 100 of 183 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.