Sport Bikes banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking VERY hard for a leather jacket. So far, I have read mixed reviews about the JR Blaster. How does the Blaster compare to the a Vanson Mach 2 or 3? I know there has to be some differences, but at twice the price does the Vanson really justify it's cost?

FWIW - this jacket will be used to protect me for street riding and canyon carving - my bike is not really set up for track use.

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
no comparison the Vansons is hands down better

check out www.newenough.com , they may have some closeout stuff

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
Any leather is far better than no leather, but if you can afford it, I don't see why you wouldn't go with the Vanson. I will say though, that if you're thinking of getting a Vanson, just get black, because it will more than likely outlast your bike and matches anything. Think of it as an investment. It will last for yeaaaaaaars. Can take a few crashes too. This thread has some interesting stuff about Vanson, I don't know if it's the same jacket you're talking about, but apparently they prefer the 2 over the 3:

http://www.cycleforums.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=110038

If you're getting this custom made there are also other places to look...

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
I'm not sure that you could buy anything that is worse than Joe Rocket....

·
Registered
25 Posts
whats so bad about joe rocket? my old blaster jacket seems to be better quality than my gericke which is made by first gear.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts