Sport Bikes banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im lookin for a nice year/round florida jacket. because here in florida (mainly south florida) we rarely dip into the 60s even during winter, i want a nice cool jacket. i dont want a complete mesh jacket as ive heard bad stories of them not holding up well enough and i dont want an all leather jacket (perforated even) as id die in these temps of miami. SO, ive come down to the JR Reactor and Fieldsheer Mach2- both mesh with perforated leather on the high impact areas...the Reactor seems to have more skin protection cuz of almost the whole arms/sholders are leather, whereas the Mach2 just has patches of thick leather on certain parts...however, the fieldsheers armor is said to be much better than JR armor as is the quality of the product in general

has anyone gone down in any of these and can comment on how well they held up? or can anyone suggest a better leather/mesh jacket? thanks

·
Registered
495 Posts
Neither jacket will hold up as well as leather. I've checked both models out, and found the leather patches to be pretty dang thing. The Joe Rocket had a very thin mesh, while the Fieldsheer had a much heavier duty mesh. The Fieldsheer comes with CE hard armor, while the Joe Rocket only has foam. I would take the Fieldsheer with no contest. I would however, go with the Mach 1 and save some money. I don't feel the leather patches on the Mach 2 will make any differnce, very thin leather.

Also look into the Vanson Ventilator, I went with one of those. The armor is just foam, like the Joe Rocket. It will accept any armor though, so you can upgrade. It has Cordura on all the impact areas, leather under the cordura, then mesh under the leather. I think it will hold up well for a mesh jacket, I have not tested it though.

One last note; for all year riding the liner in the Mach 1/2 might suit you better.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts