Sport Bikes banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a jacket for the fall/winter. I live in northern California and it only gets down to say 40-50 during the coldest part of the year. My interest is in the following jackets:

JR Meteor
JR Comet (appears to be the Meteor with leather instead of RockTex in the padded areas)
JR Blaster

Any opinions on the overall quality of these jackets and how well they protect in the event of a crash?

TIA

Bruce in Redding, CA

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
JR's rep for quality is kinda if-fy, I'd go for something else. Any jacket that comes with an inner liner (I believe all those do) should be comfy in those temperatures. Or you can always leave room for a sweater or some UnderArmour. For crash protection my money would be on the leather one but like I said I'd look at another brand. JR and Icon tend to appeal to the "bling" crowd but the quality is sub-par for most of their stuff, especially the cheaper models.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have the JR Blaster jacket and I love it. The seams are double stiched so I think they'd hold up in a crash. I've heard that JR's quality is lacking more in textile and mesh but the quality is much better for leather. I bought it from kneedraggers.com

1 - 3 of 3 Posts